All times are UTC

Post subject: Ableton produced audio interface.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm 

I know this isn't exactly a feature but I thought it might be better noticed by the Ableton developers in this forum. While I see no practical need for Ableton to delve into the high end audio interface world (a la RME UFX or UAD Apollo) I think they may have an opportunity in the portable Focusrite 2i2 or Steinberg UR22 type market. I, for one, would love a small interface designed by the Ableton team (in conjunction with someone else I imagine). I would imagine Live users are mostly EDM types who probably only need to record vocals or one instrument from the outside. What I would like is for Ableton to come out with an interface with super stable drivers. I have budget audio interfaces but they all have some quirk with the drivers. I have a new computer, Windows 7, 64 bit, tons of RAM, etc. I set my buffers correctly blah, blah but I still get audio dropouts and freezes. People tell me RME is incredible but I don't have the cash for that. I don't know for sure if an Ableton produced interface would deliver the rock solid drivers I'm hoping for. Maybe there is a hardware component to stability that you can't get for under $200. I don't know. I'm not an engineer. I'm just a guy. Maybe Ableton has already explored this idea and found it unfeasible or impractical. Anyhoo, I'd rather have an Ableton interface than a another controller. Just sayin'.

Thanks
Jim