All times are UTC

Post subject: User templates (AS IN MORE THAN A DEFAULT) & Grouped Groups!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 am 

Man I was hoping they'd sneak at least one of these into 9 as they are No Brainers, requested over and over, and Insanely practical...

Multiple User Templates PLEASE! C'mon Ableton is the only DAW that doesn't let you make more than 1 template. I would venture to say that almost 1/2, if not more than 1/2 of users make a lot more than one genre right?? I for one not only do tons of electronic music, I do soundtrack music. Why TF would I want to have 5 Kontakts that fill up my RAM, needed for score work - loaded into my dance template? And why TF would I want 5 Massives and 5 Sylenths loaded into a soundtracking template for cinematic work?? Only solution is to do soundtrack tracks...
(No I'd never use Live to actually cut to picture of course, but I do sell generic trailer scores on licensing sites, sometimes I'd rather work in Live since it's great to get ideas down in quickly... but considering I have to drag in each instrument 1 at a time it's a huge time killer and Logic has all my trailer templates...) Anyway, it's high time Live had a template feature - this is like a DAW 101 feature that I'm sure at least 50% of users would be super excited about.

I thought for sure there'd be grouping of groups in 9, and it's requested over and over again - I can't count the times I've already made a group, only to realize that it'd be nice to nest that inside a buss group. Again - DAW 101...

I could ramble on about a bunch more simple stuff that I'm surprised they haven't included by Version 9. But these 2 are high on my personal priority list, and I'm fairly sure are something that most users would be implementing All The Time if the feature was there...

Post subject: Re: User templates (AS IN MORE THAN A DEFAULT) & Grouped Groups!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:00 pm 

Yes. I've been wanting multiple user templates for a long time. Should be super easy to implement. Do it already :[

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:45 am 

Wow! I'm surprised on both of your tones. Considering the fact that both of these features can be worked around. I know that grouped groups would be great, it is something I recently asked Ableton about, they said they have it on their radar and that I should also post it on the forum, so I was about to do that when I stumbled across this.. Back to the case: why is user templates are such a big deal? you can have a folder on your computer (preferably one that's easy to get to) and have multiple als' named "whatever default" "dnb default" "popstep default" and so on. Its not a big deal. Even I have some... Grouped groups is another thing, it would be nice to simplify the workspace, but it also can be simply worked around, just make an audio track and feed the audio into it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:41 am 

dnbhallifax wrote:
Man I was hoping they'd sneak at least one of these into 9 as they are No Brainers, requested over and over, and Insanely practical...

Multiple User Templates PLEASE! C'mon Ableton is the only DAW that doesn't let you make more than 1 template. I would venture to say that almost 1/2, if not more than 1/2 of users make a lot more than one genre right?? I for one not only do tons of electronic music, I do soundtrack music. Why TF would I want to have 5 Kontakts that fill up my RAM, needed for score work - loaded into my dance template? And why TF would I want 5 Massives and 5 Sylenths loaded into a soundtracking template for cinematic work?? Only solution is to do soundtrack tracks...
(No I'd never use Live to actually cut to picture of course, but I do sell generic trailer scores on licensing sites, sometimes I'd rather work in Live since it's great to get ideas down in quickly... but considering I have to drag in each instrument 1 at a time it's a huge time killer and Logic has all my trailer templates...) Anyway, it's high time Live had a template feature - this is like a DAW 101 feature that I'm sure at least 50% of users would be super excited about.

I thought for sure there'd be grouping of groups in 9, and it's requested over and over again - I can't count the times I've already made a group, only to realize that it'd be nice to nest that inside a buss group. Again - DAW 101...

I could ramble on about a bunch more simple stuff that I'm surprised they haven't included by Version 9. But these 2 are high on my personal priority list, and I'm fairly sure are something that most users would be implementing All The Time if the feature was there...

I do soundtracks too. I have developed my own templates into easily accessible folders. I also created Template files for each major project or client. See image.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/20rr78j.jpg

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 am 

Yup, that's correct.

Just create a folder within your Live Sets folder & call it Templates. Stick them in there.

As for nesting groups, yes, that would be very nice. We live in hope.

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, and my life is a never ending tub of awesome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:53 pm 

How Many Threads Do We Have To Make About This?? What does it take? Artists are asking for feature improvements to help their work, they dont need a new skin and a compressor.