All times are UTC

Post subject: Time Signature changes IN Clip grids
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:21 pm 

I really wish you could add time signature changes to clips. I was trying to warp a song this weekend that had a few random bars of 6/4 interpresed with it's mostly 4/4 signature. It's almost impossible to deal with in Session view, the only way to get it sort of correct is to create a new clip for every single time signature change. In Arrangement view, you can just add the changes where they should be on the timeline and everything works perfectly. I'd like to be able to store those signature change locators with the clips themselves as opposed to attaching them to the timeline of the arrangement.

Ideally, I'd like a setup like the master/slave tempo deal, where the Master tempo will change to whatever the clip set to Tempo Master is when launched. IE if I launch a 6/4 clip designated as 'Time Signature Master', I'd like the master signature to change to 6/4. Now, I realize that may be a total nightmare to implement, so a decent alternative would be just to be able to have a clip's grid able to reflect the clips signature changes. Per the manual:

'8.1.3 Clip Signature

Using the Clip Signature fields, you can specify the time signature of a MIDI or audio clip. This setting is relevant only for display; it does not affect playback.

So, I'd assume if the grid doesn't affect playback, it should be able to be altered with time signature changes pretty easily. I would just like the grid I'm looking at the clip on to match what I'm hearing.

Post subject: Re: Time Signature changes IN Clip grids
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 pm 

Similar question here, but different approach.

I only use the arrangement view since I don't work with looped material. I have a song with a verse (a group of "clips", one for each track, containing all the material of the verse) which will be played three times, and a free intermezzo part in between whose length is not known yet. The verse contains some metric changes. I want to move instances of this verse, dependently of the intermezzo's length. How can I move the whole verse, together with the time signature in the arrangement window? Is there a possibility to link these two (the group and the time signature) together?

I could do this manually, but it is annoying work. A simple drag-and drop by marking all the relevant stuff (time included) and dragging it to the wished position would be super!

Post subject: Re: Time Signature changes IN Clip grids
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:43 am 

Chapter 6.10 of the manual (time commands - ) has kind of an answer. It still needs a bit of tinkering - copy all and paste all would be more easy and intuitive. And it is a bit dissatisfying that the clip itself does not contain the time signatures that are set in the arrangement view.