MPC Quantizations in the list of available Quant settings

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
matkatmusic

MPC Quantizations in the list of available Quant settings

Post by matkatmusic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Howdy. I was poking around inside the .app package and noticed that the Contents/App-Resources/Core Library/Swing and Groove/Quantize/ files are the same type as listed in the MPC directory. Is there a hack or fix to add some of those Groove templates to the list of available Quantize settings? Perhaps it is a workflow thing, but I miss being able to select individual notes in the midi editor and quantize only those notes to the MPC quantization settings. As it stands, if I want to apply an MPC groove to a midi region, i have to apply it to the entire region. I tried copying the MPC *.agr files into the Quantize folder in hopes that they would show up under the list of available quantize values, but it idn't work. This is a similar feature to Logic's "Create Groove Template" so that any midi file can be used as a quantization setting after it's added to the Groove Template list. The easier it is for me to quantize midi, the better. Right now, because i'm a new user, it's somewhat cumbersome to apply an mpc quantization to a midi file and not intuitive.

Being able to add our own custom quantizations to the list of available quantizations (command U) would be a great feature!