Cntrl+F...enter

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
birthday boy

Cntrl+F...enter

Post by birthday boy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 pm

I must be a dork because I absolutely LOVE this feature. Want an Operator? Hit Ctrl+F, type Op, then press down key and then enter and boom - device added. Great for work-flow.

In the future it would be GREAT if there was a way the device could be added after a device you have highlighted in the device panel instead of at the end of everything. For example when I want to add something in the particular chain I'm working with etc.

Small thing but yeah - just an idea to make an already awesome feature more awesome.

schubertlied

Re: Cntrl+F...enter

Post by schubertlied » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:25 am

Sorry but I am trying to figure out how to get the old command f for following tracks. I wish 9 would have messed with a less useful keyboard shortcut. (For dj's)

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 am

schubertlied wrote:Sorry but I am trying to figure out how to get the old command f for following tracks. I wish 9 would have messed with a less useful keyboard shortcut. (For dj's)
+1
not only for deejays... now it seems that you have to do cmd+shift+F wich is really anoying. I really don't care about searching anything in the browser since i most of the time either bring files from outside or record them. I hate this new shortcut thing...grrrr :evil:
I mean cmd+alt+B already open the browser so what's the use of doing a second shortcut for this ? I need to work on what's on the screen not on what is in a clumsy browser ! Give the power back to music not to some freak power sample libraries !!! :twisted:

birthday boy

Post by birthday boy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:50 am

It's not just good for sample libraries (coming from someone who does not use samples other than his own recordings), but for sound design. If I want to rectify something, I just cntrl+F and type Rect and enter - done in 2 seconds. Different people different needs I guess. Programmable keyboard shortcuts like in Photoshop would solve this for everyone - I haven't looked but I'm willing to bet that has been suggested.

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 am

[quote="birthday boy" Different people different needs I guess. [/quote]
Of course.

But yet I'm curious to hear what is the use of this Cmd-Find (not ctrl) soooooo usefull ... What can you modify via the browser ?
Personnaly u use more the "show in browser" function of a file to be in the good folder... then I can eventually search around (just like it did in Live 8 anyway)
I still think the Cmd-F shortcut should apply to the "follow behavior" wich is desactivated each time you position the nav bar in arrangement view... so it is one of the most used function when you do some editing and that you go back and forth with zooming....not to mention if you're working with warp markers... the use of ctrl-SHIFT-F :evil: is becoming a nightmare in that case

why not have the old shortcut that still does open the browser "ALT-cmd-F" take you to the find section of the browser... I'm fine with that. Same shortcut to hide This ugly browser once you're done... everybody is happy. :mrgreen:

erikomic

Post by erikomic » Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 am

So I'm trying to get used to this cmd-f feature...

Grrrr let's say you want to search for a piano.

-Cmd-F open the browser
-You type "piano".
-You get a HUUUUGE amount of answers in the column (and if you did name some eqs or reverb piano > bing it is in the list.
(okay why not)
-So to refine the search let's say I'm selecting the "instrument folder".
-Okay i Find a cool one , I select it, I hit the enter key to open it on a new track by example.
-I close the Browser...
AND ........
NEXT TIME I OPEN THE BROWSER...TA DAAAAA. :lol:
I have to erase the word "piano" to be able to browse....AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGH !!!!! 8O.
Or do again cmd-F then backspace then ENTER to be able to browse

This is just nonsense. :evil: