Update LIVE 9 for RETINA !!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
chauvin

Re: Update LIVE 9 for RETINA !!!

Post by chauvin » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:50 am

+1 For Retina support in Live 9 !!!
© theMTC

neokoo

Post by neokoo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

+1 to high DPI support on both platforms.

2560x1440 and higher resolution displays are now in mid to premium priced Windows laptops as well, some go up to 3840x2160. Desktop 4K screens are becoming affordable. Windows 8 defaults to 200% scaling on high DPI screens, essentially same as default Retina settings on Macs.

Would be very welcome improvement to have sharp UI on those displays.

Maybe also some kind of adjustable zoom level in Arrangement View, to take advantage of more pixels in order to see more of the arrangement? That'd be nice :)

lvivski

Post by lvivski » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:26 pm

I think we'll see retina ready version soon. Looks like guys from k-devices have some pre-release version that is already retina-ready!

Everything except the "M4L" icon is nice and crisp. You could get M4L device in retina mode, but note the plugin window border radius. Looking forward to hearing more news from Ableton.

5blackcats

Post by 5blackcats » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Yeah maybe in 2016

sergnicolas

Post by sergnicolas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 pm

+1 For Retina support in Live 9 !!!

MikeMS

Post by MikeMS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Agree.

Also, when you reduce the percentage of zoom it looks pixelated immediately :(

chillcoal

Post by chillcoal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Up~ And the system level full screen..

mikb

Post by mikb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 am

Without these things, Windows software is stuck in the past. Too many desktop programs look like they were designed at the turn of the century and don't support modern technology advancements such as ultra-high resolution displays.
Quote from "Why Microsoft needs to solve the Windows Store 'crap app' crisis before Windows 9" illustrating the fact that soon "ultra-high resolution displays" (which is what Retina is) will be everywhere and thus the norm. Not supporting them will be a bit like only supporting up to 8-bit color when everyone else supports 32-bit color.

Make it happen! Are you nagging Ableton on this? They do listen. As always please be factual and polite when advancing your case for ultra-high resolution display support.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

5blackcats

Post by 5blackcats » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 pm

the least they could do is give us some kind of information as to whether they are working on it.

the support is very bad

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:16 pm

5blackcats wrote:the least they could do is give us some kind of information as to whether they are working on it.

the support is very bad
I'd rather they just do it. No need to inform beforehand.
I don't think Abletons support is bad at all. I find them very responsive to more unreasonable requests than this one.

Obviously info on coming features would be nice, but Ableton should not waste their time commenting on everything.
Make some music!

pietroroyalty

Post by pietroroyalty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:40 pm

+1

lvivski

Post by lvivski » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:00 pm

It's been almost two years, after Macbook with Retina display was released, and sting no proper retina support here, lame.

Quez

Post by Quez » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Please add Retina support to Live 9.

vrprorg

Post by vrprorg » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:24 pm

lvivski wrote:It's been almost two years, after Macbook with Retina display was released, and sting no proper retina support here, lame.
As much as I would also love to see "proper" Retina support, we should not forget that Apple's line of MacBooks is still not entirely Retina-equipped. In other words, it takes some time before the market is somewhat saturated with a critical mass of screens that support high resolutions - either on Macs or on Windows machines. So, up until rather recently, I guess it was just not "urgent" enough. I guess, with the next update run on Apple's MacBook line, we'll see something happening with Live, too.

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:36 pm

vrprorg wrote:As much as I would also love to see "proper" Retina support, we should not forget that Apple's line of MacBooks is still not entirely Retina-equipped. In other words, it takes some time before the market is somewhat saturated with a critical mass of screens that support high resolutions - either on Macs or on Windows machines. So, up until rather recently, I guess it was just not "urgent" enough. I guess, with the next update run on Apple's MacBook line, we'll see something happening with Live, too.

Sadly, unlike Ableton and NI most developers have (almost 3 years ago for some developers) released a Non-Retina/Retina app with no problems.. they work on both machines Retina and Standard. It's just most of the graphics have a @X2.png or whatever is used as well as the normal graphic for the standard screen machines.. The machine works out which graphic to run and hey presto!!

It's not rocket science it's just laziness and as for waiting for the PC to release some version of whatever it is... I don't believe that either.
If they just did it now everyones happy and when the PC catches up then great!! It's already done..!! :) :)