Loop markers and zoom on loop

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bldbld

Loop markers and zoom on loop

Post by bldbld » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Ableton allow markers but I haven't see loops markers to quickly select a loop (in arrangement view).
Also I haven't seen a "Zoom on loop" feature which allow to maximize the view width on the selected loop (also in arrangement view).

When I work on a song this allow me to quicky select a part of my song (ex. verse1, chorus2, etc.), and view it on a full width of the arrangement viewport. Instead of manual zooming, moving loop boundaries each time you work on a different subpart.

But I'm just trying the soft, maybe I miss something ?

gustavo bravetti

Re: Loop markers and zoom on loop

Post by gustavo bravetti » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 pm

You re right and that would be handy!

...in the meanwhile you can use a marker for the beginning of each subpart assigning a keyboard key to each one.

Then let supposte you want to work/edit the "bridge" part, and that "bridge" part is in between markers 3 and 4.

- Use "-" to zoom out, so the part you will edit can fit on screen, then zoom one more time. (usually you will need to use just one or two strokes)
- Press Key assigned to marker 3, this sets cursor to the beginning of the part you want to edit.
- Shift Left Click at the end of "bridge" part, this creates a selection for the "bridge" part.
- Press CMD (or Ctrl if you are on PC) + L - this creates a loop for the selection.
- Zoom if necessary, the zoom will be centered on your current selection/loop.

May be this seems complicated but once you get use to it you just do it automatically.

Best!

bldbld

Post by bldbld » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am

Thanks 4 the trick ! But not very handy ...

I also discovered that you can right click on the marker and there's an option "Loop to next marker". But you can only loop between 2 successives markers and not create imbricated zones (ex. "Song", "Verse 1", "Verse 1 Start").

Maybe there's a nice and simple way to manage thoses stuffs (I think so ) ...

uchconveyor

Post by uchconveyor » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:03 am

Side Mounting Bracket,You are able to evaluate quotes from the actual comfort and ease of your house. You'll need not have access to in order to discount or even work out along with a lot of insurance firms more than telephone or even create a individual trip to get a uncertainties cleared up. You will get great insurance coverage guidance on the internet that can help you save lots of Small Handle your time and effort that may be used successfully Adjustable feet.

chillsbeats

Post by chillsbeats » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 am

+1 for this please.
Logic has a 'zoom to fit selection' option which is perfect. Only a minor tweak but definitely would help workflow.