Clip background color in arrangement view

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
sav_

Re: Clip background color in arrangement view

Post by sav_ » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Serenade Grenade wrote:+1 And Im still wishing for a better colour palette with shades and hues arranged in columns and rows. Like in more recent versions of Excel.
Would love the option to setup/choose the colours for the palette from a colour wheel under settings look/feel.
The pallet colours are so random and limited...

But +1 on the OP's request for full clip colours in the arrangement (opacity level option would be the business).

professionalkiller

Post by professionalkiller » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:18 am

Just digging in on Live 10, loving some of the new stuff!! Found this thread, so I thought I would resurrect it in hopes of getting clip opacity added in an update, since there are now clip colors (which look great). The way it seems now, the colors make it more difficult to see the waveform beneath when dragging overlapping clips. This also makes it more difficult to see the bar lines as well. If not some sort of preference setting, then perhaps just making the the clips less opaque.

kirky_roger

Post by kirky_roger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 am

professionalkiller wrote:Just digging in on Live 10, loving some of the new stuff!! Found this thread, so I thought I would resurrect it in hopes of getting clip opacity added in an update, since there are now clip colors (which look great). The way it seems now, the colors make it more difficult to see the waveform beneath when dragging overlapping clips. This also makes it more difficult to see the bar lines as well. If not some sort of preference setting, then perhaps just making the the clips less opaque.
+1
to me it makes absolutely no sense, that now I can hardly see the grid underneath the clips... Its highly unpractical, can't imagine how somebody thought that would be a good idea... at least make the opacity adjustable in a global setting

Doctor Jeep

Post by Doctor Jeep » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Yep agreed, this has been my #1 gripe with Live 10. How am I supposed to arrange audio and MIDI if I can't see the gridlines? Right now I'm just arranging everything in the automation mode because it's the only way I can see how things are lining up.

bryantewell

Post by bryantewell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:24 pm

The grid color is really my only complaint about the new look of 10. I've been doing some digging into theme customization. I found a Live GUI map that shows you exactly what you're editing when you edit the theme file. http://auranoc.com/2018/03/27/ableton-live-10-skin-map/

Pretty cool, except this map does not tell you how to change the grid color, and I have yet to find that function in the theme file. I feel like I'm getting closer though. I'm gonna make those lines black as tar once I track down how to.