Improved editing tools in top header

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
maky355

Improved editing tools in top header

Post by maky355 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Come on we are going in to 2014 and Ableton is still same in this area :P

Quite a lot of unused and wasted screen space. Sometimes i am under impression that these will definitely find their way into Ableton but i am assuming it's gonna be paid upgrade.

It is so much easier to work with midi and audio in other apps with these tools

Why don't you guys just copy what every other sequencer out there have, change icon, and ya know it isn't a funny case why they have these tools at this place. Because people use them that's why :D

So i am for something trivial as split, glue, delete, draw, select, zoom, mute, color, etc... Same tools are used for audio clip or midi clip (as in every other sequencer).

I am aware that for clip view these doesn't make sense but that's why they need to make these tools ON/OFF like in other sequencers and all fine. Who need it it will turn these ON. Who don't simple off and that's it. In Cubase one can totally fill up with every tools needed. Same is for Sonar, Reaper etc.

I am posting screenshot..

ableton now:

Cubase (and others) now:

Example of improvement

HamHat

Re: Improved editing tools in top header

Post by HamHat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 am

Thank you for making this post! I couldn't agree more. How ever the majority of people that use Ableton have no idea how to use that style DAW, so it's not a very popular request :( Even tho it would greatly improve the work flow!!!! Seriously it would Ableton....

maky355

Post by maky355 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:51 pm

HamHat wrote:Thank you for making this post! I couldn't agree more. How ever the majority of people that use Ableton have no idea how to use that style DAW, so it's not a very popular request :(
Why do you think it's that i mean from where are you getting impression that people have no idea about this way of working?

HamHat

Post by HamHat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:37 am

Notice how no one else has answered this post, but live 9 retina display is 10 pages long. Everyone ignored my post for this same request. Also if you started working with Ableton and never touched another DAW, you wouldn't know about the benefits of a full transport bar, that would be my impression anyways.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:55 pm

HamHat wrote:Notice how no one else has answered this post, but live 9 retina display is 10 pages long. Everyone ignored my post for this same request. Also if you started working with Ableton and never touched another DAW, you wouldn't know about the benefits of a full transport bar, that would be my impression anyways.
Good point. I guess we are doomed.. :|

HamHat

Post by HamHat » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:45 pm

With how slow Ableton updates, I think we'll see it by Ableton 15. So no worries!

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Stop trying to make Ableton Live into a Logic/Pro Tools/Cubase clone.

Live is a performance DAW at heart. Ableton have added many features over the years which makes it possible to do most things other DAWs can as well but the minimalistic and uncluttered interface remain a feature and not a problem. :evil: