SOLO SAFE

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Daniel Band$

SOLO SAFE

Post by Daniel Band$ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Such a basic and essential function of mixing. There are so many dance/electronic producers out there using Live, and it's common to have a separate side-chain track going throughout the song. A serious hassle, workflow, and frustration problem to have to re-enable the solo button for that track when solo-ing other tracks. I just want it to be solo-ed the entire time!

Some other nice functions would be the quick keys "S" to solo a track, and "E" to open the Envelope (automation lanes) for the selected track in session view. Both of these shortcuts would also make workflow smoother. It would really just be nice to have the option to customize our keyboard shortcuts all together. That way, everyone can work in live in the way they feel is most fast and comfortable for them :D

- Daniel

re:dream

Re: SOLO SAFE

Post by re:dream » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:04 pm

What would solo safe do?

Can't you just click cmd-solo/ctrl-solo?

Daniel Band$

Post by Daniel Band$ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Solo safe would make it so a track would stay solo-ed at all times, so you don't have to cmd-solo/ctrl-solo it every time. This has many convenient uses. The one common example I gave was setting up a side-chain track in electronic music, where you want the side-chain track to always be activated throughout your entire song. Without solo-safe, every time I want to solo an instrument, I have to also click the solo on the side-chain track, which is annoying! Solo safe is a very common feature in DAWS, I don't know of any other DAWS that actually don't have it.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 am

OK, I don't see a huge workflow gain here, but I will take your word for it 8)