DUAL SCREEN IMPROVEMENT

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
pumasdaniel

DUAL SCREEN IMPROVEMENT

Post by pumasdaniel » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 am

HI,
I was delighted to know that Ableton developed DUAL SCREEN and ready to change DAW brand, The functionality of dual display is excellent (at glance), Unfortunately when i tested live 9.1 i found out that the improvement was just 1/2 way done for my requirements.

How ABLETON developers forgot to add an independent ZOOM for the second screen ?

What is the predicament ?
Well i have a 32" LED monitor displaying at 72% ZOOM getting me a pretty nice view of Session/arrangement. when splitting to DUAL screen and indicating my second screen to be displayed on my laptop, the view is so minute than is useless for working. I noticed that ableton works independently of the display laptop/32" resolution.

I'm sure there are thousand of potential customers with the same problem, if not, from the development ableton perspective is a big flop not having developed an independent ZOOM for each display!!

I am hoping for the development of live 9.1.2 this huge problem will be enhanced so i can buy ableton live 9

Cheers

sporkles

Re: DUAL SCREEN IMPROVEMENT

Post by sporkles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 am

+1

Working with two monitors of different size and resolution is a bit of a nightmare.

I think it would be great if the top and bottom sections could be zoomed independently as well. Basically, it would be nice to have an option that would give you at least four independent zoom sections, so that you could tailor Live to your needs. Also, it would be nice if you could lock clip view and device view to one monitor, so that double-clicking a clip doesn't automatically bring clip view up on the monitor you double-clicked on.

And yet another thing: it would also be nice to have a mappable show/hide clip/device on a per monitor basis. I thought I'd be able to have clip view maximised on my "Arrangement monitor" and simply toggle clip view on/off with AutoHotKey, but that stopped working once dual monitor support was introduced.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:19 pm

sporkles wrote:Also, it would be nice if you could lock clip view and device view to one monitor, so that double-clicking a clip doesn't automatically bring clip view up on the monitor you double-clicked on.
I concur. This in particular has been bugging me.

victap8

Post by victap8 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:55 pm

+1

this feature definately needs some re-inventing

wiselyChoosenUsernane

Post by wiselyChoosenUsernane » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Bumping this ancient thread, which was the only one i was able to find about this, surprisingly...
Im using a 14" + 21" external, both with the same resolution... Would be *really* useful if I could zoom in both screens independent!

Der_Landvogt

Post by Der_Landvogt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:35 pm

And anther bump!

I recently treated myself to a nice 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display which I love.
But not being able to set the zoom factor for the two independently is a real shame! Does anyone know if maybe they added that feature in Live 11? It would really make my life so much nicer :)