Arrangement View Selection, Loop Selection Area PLEASE READ!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
TheBlock

Arrangement View Selection, Loop Selection Area PLEASE READ!

Post by TheBlock » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Arrangement View Selection, Is This Ever Going To Change.

SIDE NOTE:
(ABLETON WAKE UP! MOST ALL DAW'S DO THIS ABLETON EVEN DOWN TO ADOBE AUDITION LOL! PRO TOOLS, CUBASE, SONAR,
EVEN PRESONUS STUDIO ONE DO THIS I WON'T PUT IT PAST SONY ACID PRO 7 OR EVEN FREE GARAGEBAND DO THIS. BUT
WE DJ'S WHO PRODUCE ALSO AND MAKE LOOPS AND CHOPS BUT YOU CAN'T USE A SHORTCUT OR A LAPTOP TRACKPAD TO MAKE EDITS)

OK when you have a Selection Area or Loop Area on a track Whatever way you grab the selection,
Meaning If you make a Selection Area by click in a area in your track and drag your Selection Area
to the Left you can only use the keyboard shortcut (Shift + Arrow Left Or Right) For Fine Tuning To
Zero Crossing To The Start Of The Selection Or Loop Area.

And the same if you drag your Selection Area to the Right you can only use the keyboard shortcut
(Shift + Arrow Left Or Right) For Fine Tuning To Zero Crossing To The End Of The Selection Or Loop Area

Now there's no way to jump from the Start Or End Point of the Selection Area or Loop Area you are working on
For Fine Tuning To Zero Crossing To The Start Or End Point Of The Selection Area Or Loop Area.

This is a problem in so many ways that's keep being over looked. Now I found this to be a serious problem
on a laptop with no MOUSE to edit something Real Quick, You can't use the tracking pad on a laptop at all
to make these edits even in the "WARP AREA" WAIT WHAT!!!

This is a MAJOR PROBLEM if I "ZOOM OUT" far as I can to find the Zero Crossing or whatever making me have to
"ZOOM OUT" to get the perfect "Loop" I would like to "JUMP" to the END to make my adjustments without having to
"ZOOM IN" then find your "START OR END POINT" then "ZOOM OUT" then back and forth to see where you at.
AGAIN WAIT WHAT!!! IT CAN'T DO WHAT!!! WTF!!!

Even if you add a locator WAIT!!! I'm not going to get into that you can't even make a shortcut for that so I no you can't jump back and forth between the nearest locators if so HOW maybe I'm missing the whole Ableton Live 9 Thing. @ $99 $449 & $739 and you got to have a mouse for your laptop on a Plane or in your Bathroom taking a #2 to make simple edits. Even FREE DAW's do some of these task. So I can't here it's not marketed to do things like that "IT'S A DAW RIGHT" You have to make EDITS THEN. Even other programs let you make these shortcuts to your own liking.

CarlSeleborg

Re: Arrangement View Selection, Loop Selection Area PLEASE READ!

Post by CarlSeleborg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 am

Hi TheBlock,

I'm not sure I understood your wish. Here is what I understood:

You would like to work with the keyboard to precisely tweak the time selection (so that it starts and ends at exactly the right location). However, in Live, when using the keyboard, you can only extend or shorten the selection on the side where you ended the selection gesture, e.g. if you selected with the mouse from left to right, using the arrow keys will only allow you to extend or shorten the right side of the selection. What you are asking for is a way to change which side of the selection you control with the keyboard.

Was that what you meant?

Best,

Carl

re:dream

Re: Arrangement View Selection, Loop Selection Area PLEASE READ!

Post by re:dream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:02 am

Wow.

So the way to get Abes to respond to forum threads is RED CAPS?