Ex long time Cubase User - I miss & wld like to see in Live.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
sebprovision

Ex long time Cubase User - I miss & wld like to see in Live.

Post by sebprovision » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am

- A project load dialogue/status: Some of my Live projects are large, full of heavy processing, and it's hard to tell if it's crash for whatever reason or just taking a long time to load.

- Improved batch export: Simply being able to select from a list of your current project's tracks will improve the batch export GREATLY. Being able to select only your Group Channels and audio channels configured to be Busses would help heaps. Also, if you have created a production template with extra channels like me, not having to bounce out 20 blank audio/MIDI channels would make me use this feature more. I used to bounce stems a lot, especially for easy collaborations, I think myself and more people would use it more if it was setup a little better.

- Export times: After loading Cubase again to dig up some old recordings for stems I was amazed at the speed of Cubase's audio rendering. Live 9.1 improved on it but still doesn't match the speed, not sure why?

- The 'fluidness' of projects - Again, not sure it's due to the size of the projects in Live but it's all a little clunky compared to Cubase when dragging channels and plugins around. Not sure what makes Cubase so much smoother with the handling of channels etc. especially considering the computer I'm using is a power house and it runs both Live and Cubase.

They bread and butter requests which I think would contribute greatly to adding to Live's already professional package.

Cheers,

Sebastian