Double click to RENAME channel or track

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Radarblue

Double click to RENAME channel or track

Post by Radarblue » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Double click to RENAME channel or track.
instead of a scroll down menu.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Re: Double click to RENAME channel or track

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 am

Well, there's CTRL+R for that, but double-click could be nice too. Also, double-clicking an empty area in the top row could create a new track - I would like that. Another alternative could be shift+double-click on a plugin to create a new track containing that plugin.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 am

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote: Also, double-clicking an empty area in the top row could create a new track - I would like that.
um... audio or MIDI?
Another alternative could be shift+double-click on a plugin to create a new track containing that plugin.
I guess. But why a different behaviour for plugins as for devices?

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Audio or MIDI? I guess there could be a default choice in options. Or maybe Live 10 will have hybrid tracks.

By plugins, I also meant devices. Maybe instruments in particular - I don't know. An option I'd like to see is a well-organized dropdown-list, appearing upon double-click or right-click, such as the one in Bitwig:

randi

Post by randi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 pm

should especially comply to system convention, e.g. in Windows "F2" is the rename button in everyotherfuckingprogram :-)

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:59 am

double click would be good. the bitwiggy popmenu not so much...that compllicates the window imo

Jinsai

Post by Jinsai » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 am

There is already a shortcut for this though. It's not that difficult to hit cmmd-R, and it takes as much time as double clicking does... and especially since this is a feature mostly used in organizational purposes, using an already existing shortcut is surely fine?

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:49 am

Jinsai wrote:There is already a shortcut for this though. It's not that difficult to hit cmmd-R, and it takes as much time as double clicking does... and especially since this is a feature mostly used in organizational purposes, using an already existing shortcut is surely fine?
you mean the right click yea...that already exists in ableton, it just doesnt look all flashy and neon orange lol