Option for "default clip groove"

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
aubford

Option for "default clip groove"

Post by aubford » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am

This is what is keeping me from being able to use groove while improvising in live. I don't have time while performing to get on the trackpad and click the dropdown menu for every new clip I create in order to assign a groove to it. We need something that makes it so that every clip has a chosen groove on it when it is created.

eyeknow

Re: Option for "default clip groove"

Post by eyeknow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 am

Maybe I'm not understanding, but you can select several clips and "groove" them at once. The problem is you can't do it drag/drop (nor can you quantize clips all at once)

But you can select and effect the groove pool into more than one clip at a time

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 pm

aubford wrote:This is what is keeping me from being able to use groove while improvising in live. I don't have time while performing to get on the trackpad and click the dropdown menu for every new clip I create in order to assign a groove to it. We need something that makes it so that every clip has a chosen groove on it when it is created.
I agree that Live needs a clip template setting. There are some things that baffles me such as who enjoys always creating midi clips and then dragging them to their desired bar size (unless the bar size isn't 1).

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 am

Eyeknow: That's indeed possible, but has to be repeated for every new clip you create, which is a bad workflow. You -could- of course create X number of tracks filled with clips in scene view, and apply groove to them all, but I really prefer starting from a blank project.

jlgrimes: Extending MIDI clips is done easily by clicking the loop brace, and hitting CTRL+D. Clip templates would still be very useful though.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:14 pm

I agree. I think it should be implemented.