Automatic clip color same as track or scene color

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Jason_t

Automatic clip color same as track or scene color

Post by Jason_t » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Would be very useful if there was an option to have all new clip colors same as the track color. Only way to do this at the moment is to save a default template set with track colors & empty clips already set, only problem is when creating new clips having to change color for each clip.
Last edited by Jason_t on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jason_t

Re: Automatic clip color same as track color

Post by Jason_t » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:41 pm

This could also work with scenes, coloring a scene would change all clips in the scene to the same color.

Jason_t

Re: Automatic clip color same as track color

Post by Jason_t » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:51 pm

This could be added in the options/preferenes menu instead of Auto-assign clip colors there could be a button for Auto-assign to TRACK or SCENE color. At the moment new clips colors are randomly generated, would be much more useful to have them same as track or scene color.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Re: Automatic clip color same as track or scene color

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 am

I agree. It would also be nice if the entire track were coloured, with title bars at the bottom as well.

AkasaDhatu

Post by AkasaDhatu » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:57 pm

I agree this would be very useful. I would also like an option to have Ableton pick similar (but slightly different) colors for all of the tracks in a group. For instance if I have a Drums group with a bunch of different drum mics, then make the group red, Ableton could make all of the different drum tracks slightly different shades of red. That way, at a glance I can see that any reddish tracks are drums but I can also still tell them apart. It wouldn't be very hard to implement.

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm

+1

tomgulbinas

Post by tomgulbinas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 am

+1

COBOMOJO

Post by COBOMOJO » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:13 pm

https://coryboris.gumroad.com/l/TrueAutoColor - made without a plugin, so the layout you choose is fixed across all sets until you change it
https://liveworkflowtools.gumroad.com/l/autotrackcolors - made with a max for plugin, choose layouts for each set, but you need to run the plugin to choose a layout each time you open a new set

I designed the first one, and it is only $5 as opposed to the second one which is $9, but also, I think it is the most effective way to do what you are talking about. Essentially, my software is just a control surface which only changes track and clip colors when a certain name is typed in, but also it will automatically change clip colors to match track colors if you don't use the layout feature. Cheers!