Linux support?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
marlasky

Linux support?

Post by marlasky » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi,

Any people here who got Live 9 Suite to work on Linux? using Wine?
I found some mixed reports on https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... ngId=87765, so maybe some of you know more...

Is there any possibility that Ableton might support Linux in the future? I've recently seen a nice video about their development culture, and would be surprised if not at least part of such a team would have the necessary skills to port to Linux...BitWig seems to work fine on Linux, so why shouldn't Ableton ;)

r25d01

Re: Linux support?

Post by r25d01 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 pm

I'd love to have Linux support, just to have the choice. I'm not a great Windows fan but I also don't like Apple's politics. Nowadays you can't even exchange your harddrive on new Macbooks. Ableton could make itself one of the most flexible DAWs. I'm sure people (Ableton or Linux fans) would approve it in the long run.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Theres quite a bit of discussion in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187391&start=0
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 pm

crumhorn wrote:Theres quite a bit of discussion in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187391&start=0
With some bullshit from DJYoshaBYD about Live code (see comment there).
Make some music!

marra

Post by marra » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Could you support the OpenBSD as well?
OpenBSD -- the world's simplest and most secure Unix-like OS. Creator of the world's most used SSH implementation OpenSSH, the world's most elegant firewall PF, the world's most elegant mail server OpenSMTPD, the OpenSSL rewrite LibreSSL, and the NTP rewrite OpenNTPD. OpenBSD -- the cleanest kernel, the cleanest userland and the cleanest configuration syntax.