Bounce in Place or Adjustable Freeze settings

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Airyck

Bounce in Place or Adjustable Freeze settings

Post by Airyck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:21 pm

I would love to see an option to bounce in place audio to a new audio track with options to change the length/number of loop times or no loop/with or without FX/and tail length if any.

Otherwise I'd like there to be these adjustable settings in an options menu for freezing.

Thanks!
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

timday

Re: Bounce in Place or Adjustable Freeze settings

Post by timday » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:20 pm

You can always cmd-d to duplicate the track, freeze then flatten, if you still want to retain the MIDI. I think Abes feel that cmd-D to a track takes less hassle in the way of key commands etc than a bounce to new track option with its attendant drop menus etc.

I take your point on the bounce before/after FX but again if you group the track, put the FX on the group then freeze/flatten you can do that. Again once you have done it a couple of times this is super quick. Other option (takes longer though) if you record to a new audio track you can take the signal chain pre/post FX and pre/post fader.

I think it's one of those things that looks like a clunky workaround but actually, it's quicker to do it this way than using some other DAWs' bounce in place functionality (*cough* Sonar 8 *cough*).

Not sure what to do about reverb tails though except to truncate them after bounce.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 pm

I guess I just would like some preferences on how freezing works, it doesn't always sound right because you may be looping a MIDI clip which has FX with LFO's that extend beyond the length of the clip. It cycles twice and that's the bounce, what if I would like it to cycle 4 times to cover the full cycle of an LFO for example. I mean I guess I can double clips to cover the length... I know there are always workarounds but workarounds tend to take longer in some cases.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

golemus

Post by golemus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:08 am

+1 to this.

It takes two long to freeze the whole track if you need only a small portion. Also the CTRL-D and Flatten steps consume a little bit of time.

golemus

Post by golemus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:54 pm

bump

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:12 pm

big +1 for this

AcademikMusic

Post by AcademikMusic » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Agreed, the one bitwig feature I am envious of is how blazing fast the bounce in place and bounce to new track options are. There is no comparable workaround in Live (included those mentioned above).