crossfade groups

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

crossfade groups

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:23 am

i'd love to see the option to add crossfade groups. right now there's a:b, but i'd like to add c:d, e:f, etc..

thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:05 am

i used to perform with reaktor; 8 loopers paired off in groups of 2. each group had a cross fader. this setup provided a smooth way to go through banks of loops without sudden changes or fading volume down to switch loops.

if live provided an option for multiple crossfaders, i could go back to my old performance methods. ex: 2 rhythm tracks, 2 melody, 2 supporting rhythm tracks, 2 background melody/noise tracks. crossfaders between all groups of 2. a/b, c/d, e/f, g/h

djfrogstar

Re: crossfade groups

Post by djfrogstar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 am

Well... using the search button can end up finding some really old posts... especially unanswered posts.

I also am looking for the same thing as described above.

So is this being discussed somewhere else? If so please help me find the discussion or solution to getting more than 1 single crossfader group. Just makes ableton live feel so 80s and 30 years later here we are in 2011 and Ableton can only provide one xfader group for an extremely linear way of mixing music.
:?

claytonsquire

Re: crossfade groups

Post by claytonsquire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey all, one of my friends just figured this out last night and made a tutorial on how to implement it using only native Live devices. Check it out: http://youtu.be/fErt1_BCn58