Clip Launching VST

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
JoeOsoDopke

Clip Launching VST

Post by JoeOsoDopke » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Today, I was contemplating about Ableton Live and the "Live Remixing" capabilities it has and I conceived of an idea:
What if there was a VST that ableton offered that acted like a clip launching type device? Rather than filling an entire channel with stems from a single song, It would seem more efficient and frankly more convenient to have a device similar to the drum rack in which different notes triggered different clips. This would not only clean up channels, it would allow different arrangements to be consolidated to a single midi clip. The device would have quantizing capabilities like the clip launcher and an extended view of the clips you're using as to see the waveforms.
Technically, one could absolutely use the drum rack for this purpose, but I would find this to be prohibitive in a live context.
I think this is an idea worth looking into in future updates. What do you think?

Halo Gravity

Re: Clip Launching VST

Post by Halo Gravity » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not really sure exactly how this would differ from just using the drum rack. You say that's prohibitive... how so?