Sustain Stopping

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Would you like to see this change?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 3

cbejensen

Sustain Stopping

Post by cbejensen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:37 am

I've noticed that if I am holding down the sustain pedal when switching tracks, the track I was sustaining (and no longer have armed) continues to sustain even when I lift my foot off the pedal. When playing live, this causes a terrible mess as the sound that's no longer supposed to be playing is still sustaining while I am trying to play a completely different part, and in order to stop that track from sustaining, I have to arm it again, then press and release the sustain pedal, which is obviously not ideal when playing live. I would like to be able to sustain a sound, then disarm that track and arm a new track before I stop sustaining that sound. Not being able to do so is a major roadblock when playing live as there are many different sounds I use in one set, and I have to flow from one to the next very smoothly.

Would anyone else like to see this change? If so, please vote yes!

k_bx

Re: Sustain Stopping

Post by k_bx » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am

Yes, this is a very silly problem. I have no idea why so such a number of people is having this issue :)

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 am

I never came into this situation but i agree it's annoying.
As a workaround, try this :
use a midi track as an input track. Monitor it to IN and select your keyboard.
In all MIDI tracks you want to control, use the input track as the input source. Leave them all armed.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

cbejensen

Post by cbejensen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Believe it or not I have actually found this to be somewhat useful in certain situations where I want to hold a single chord of a background pad while playing other riffs with other sounds.