Everything in live is too tiny and hard to click on.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
njh

Everything in live is too tiny and hard to click on.

Post by njh » Thu May 14, 2015 4:47 am

resolutions have been updated through the years but live has not adapted and increased in size
everything in live is way too tiny on modern screens and the interface needs to adjusted for this.

This is something I'm hoping to see in Live 10 .. if not I may have to unfortunately pass on another upgrade.
Last edited by njh on Thu May 14, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

njh

Re: Everything in live is too tiny and hard to click on

Post by njh » Thu May 14, 2015 4:49 am

btw zoom is not the correct fix to the interface problem because everything ends up looking blury with zoom.

hyperscientist

Re: Everything in live is too tiny and hard to click on.

Post by hyperscientist » Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 am

I have eagle-sharp sight, but I agree. One can notice how websites changed in the last decade - everything got so much bigger (from tiny to actually user friendly).

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 am

njh wrote:btw zoom is not the correct fix to the interface problem because everything ends up looking blury with zoom.
Retina? I have not noticed this on either normal displays nor Retina (2014) and I'm quite sensitive to blur. Usually I zoom at 112%. Please post those "blurry" images in full resolution and link to them (They will be hopelessly too big to be put inline here).
Last edited by Stromkraft on Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu May 14, 2015 8:03 am

Stromkraft wrote: Retina? I have not noticed this on either normal displays nor Retina (2014) and I'm quite sensitive to blur. Usually I zoom at 112% PLease post thos "blurry" images in full resolution and link to them (They will be hopelessly too big to be put inline here).
This was my thinking too, the OP stated about better resolutions?

Cheers
D

Logburner

Post by Logburner » Sat May 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Fully agreed.

Pots are fine but certain parameters like assigning Keyzone in Sampler and Instrument Rack is such a hassle. They are excellent tools, I just wish each lines were larger so I could utilise them to their full potential without hesitation.

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Sun May 17, 2015 11:56 am

Windows button + +

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 17, 2015 12:56 pm

LFO8 wrote:
Logburner wrote:Fully agreed.

Pots are fine but certain parameters like assigning Keyzone in Sampler and Instrument Rack is such a hassle. They are excellent tools, I just wish each lines were larger so I could utilise them to their full potential without hesitation.

You mean like Ableton Device Rack & Sampler Views? :wink:
"Of course, this is in the Live manual…"
Quote from the end of "Ableton Device Rack & Sampler Views"
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Anyway, I'm with njh that it would be nice to change sizes in the GUI in more useful ways. I'd like zoom to be available with a button press everywhere.

But one reason I keep getting 15" laptops is because 13" is too small for an application like Live, especially so on Retina.
Make some music!

Logburner

Post by Logburner » Wed May 20, 2015 3:56 am

LFO8 wrote:
Logburner wrote:Fully agreed.

You mean like THIS? :wink:
Wow, didn't know about that. I should really fix the bug in my head before asking Ableton to change as it's a bit embarrassing to expose my ingorance with bolded letters. :oops:

Thanks for the tip, man!