Filter "Classic" Mode

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Logburner

Filter "Classic" Mode

Post by Logburner » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

The upgrade to 9.5 was great, including the Cytomic powered new filters on Auto-Filter and all Instruments.

One thing I feel it's missing is the "Classic" filter shape which had been implemented up until 9.2.

Those Cytomic filters are excellent, but there are certain sounds that the "old" filter can only shape. I've made this sound with Simpler in 9.2 and now if I "upgrade" the Simpler in 9.5, the sound is completely different.

There is a workaround and it wouldn't be a problem if I don't "upgrade" such instruments. But wouldn't that just be better if it's possible to choose a filter shape from the new ones and the "old" one?

nexus01

Re: Filter "Classic" Mode

Post by nexus01 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:48 am

Exactly, same for me with Auto Filter.

I really like the old shape of the Classic autofilter. Its was not the best filter in the market, but once you know a tool and know how to use it gives you better results that a new better sounding tool.

The new ones sound very good, yet would be more than great to have another filter type to select like in the new ones (Clean, OSR, PDR..) but called Legacy or Classic with the Ableton classic Autofilter functions, Q and curves...