Multiple interface suppport with internal sample rate conv

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
miekwave

Multiple interface suppport with internal sample rate conv

Post by miekwave » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:12 am

I have a Scarlet 18i20 for primary recording interface. I use a Mackie Board (USB) for 'Live PA' mode and Alesis IO4 for my destructive audio edits on Audacity/CoolEditPro.

Normally I use 18i20 FocusRite interface driver and it is by far the best performing (no glitches at 96k/24 @ 96Sample Buffer)

I purchased a Blue Yeti Microphone and changed my driver to ASIO4ALL and patched it in and now all of my i/o assignments are really screwed up as A4A does not allow me to rearrange the 'Order' of the I/O

Asio4All I have lots of glitches with Scarlet 18i20 when I set my buffer setting to 96 (click pop popout) and i have had ableton crash more than 3 times. *unresponsive ui/ sample buffer stuck in Loding limbo) etc. Its a pain

I got the USB microphone and 18i20 interface to work together at rediculious sample 1024 buffer and very noticable. Not ideal

Anyway here is my feature request

Preferences Menu:

a. Primary Interface
Select Input / Output

b. Secondary Interface
Select (alt) Input / Output

Special Sync Options -

Primary Interface at 96k/24
Secondary Interface at 44/16
Sync buffer = integer multiple that is divisible by both 96k/24 AND 44/16

Then on channel strip

Select I/O
Output 1 - 2 (Primary)
or
Output 1s - 2s (Secondary)

This way it does not confuse the io order

ChironControl

Re: Multiple interface suppport with internal sample rate conv

Post by ChironControl » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Use ONE reliable ASIO driver. ASIO4all is just a (great and helpful, of course) workaround and not for professional/serious live audio production. Software wise it is only possible to use one ASIO driver at the same time and this makes sense. Real synchronizing wouldn't be possible technically. We can be lucky enough that we have stable ASIO drivers with such a low latency.

Don't get me wrong - it would be a nice feature, but it is completeley impossible to program (at the moment and in the foreseeable future).