Session View at the Screen of Push 2!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
fishmac

Session View at the Screen of Push 2!

Post by fishmac » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Dear Ableton Team,

i really like the new Push, but I think there are some things you could use the nice new display for.
My biggest wish:

Please give us a 8*8 Representation of the Session View, so I can identify all the clip names of the session in Push! The one thing your great pads can't deliver is Clip Names. In Live situations I am always forced to look at the computer just to see the names. It would be a tremendous help for live performances to see the session right from Push. The new screen can do that, so please give us that ability!

Other than that I think there could be a display of the piano roll to easiliy edit Midi (Note lenghts, Velocity), just like you are now able to see the waveforms. And basic Arrangement functionality would be nice (Scrubbing...)

Thank you for any consideration,

Michael

S4racen

Re: Session View at the Screen of Push 2!

Post by S4racen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:47 pm

alexspanner

Post by alexspanner » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Have been using the Sigabort software, and whilst it is excellent, I still think this functionality should be within Push2 and Live.

Sigabort effectively runs as a separate program in Live and causes stuttering to my audio, especially when switching in and out of it to access other Push2 features.

So Ableton, please can you make this happen, as without it I am struggling to see how it can effectively be used as a live machine.

Thanks
A

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Alex. Sorry to hear you're having problems with this but am happy to look into this for you. I've not heard of any other issues as you describe but if you email me I'll try and work this out for you.