Undesirable Smoothing on Automated Filters

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
alectriciti

Undesirable Smoothing on Automated Filters

Post by alectriciti » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:36 pm

In the 9.5 Update, we received filter smoothing for Operator, Simpler, and the Auto Filter. That sounds good and all, but unless this is a bug, it appears to be more crippling than helpful.

To give you an idea of what I refer to...

Just to be clear, all parameters should react to the automation exactly as made, like "before". If I wanted to smooth the automation like "after", I'd just add a little

If this is a feature, like with all features that interfere with our workflow, please make it optional. Something as simple as a switch would do just fine. Intentional or not, this needs a fix.

Warrior Bob

Re: Undesirable Smoothing on Automated Filters

Post by Warrior Bob » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:52 pm

I would really love if this sort of thing were optional. This kind of smoothing can be great for general use but I feel like it'd be more of a problem for really precise editing - glitch sounds, etc.

alectriciti

Re: Undesirable Smoothing on Automated Filters

Post by alectriciti » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Warrior Bob wrote:I would really love if this sort of thing were optional. This kind of smoothing can be great for general use but I feel like it'd be more of a problem for really precise editing - glitch sounds, etc.
That would be great! I could see myself using the smoothed filter in some situations, but it definitely needs to be an option.