Automation snap-to-grid & breakpoint values

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Saragn

Automation snap-to-grid & breakpoint values

Post by Saragn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 am

Hi there,

There are two automation features I would like to see in Live. These features are:

1) Snap-to-grid automation breakpoints. Why do I have to select a section first and drag that entire selection to move to how I need it? Why can't I just click on an automation breakpoint and have it snap to the same global timing grid? Imagine if I could select a breakpoint, drag it to the left or right and have it snap to each grid line as I drag that breakpoint across those lines. This is VERY powerful and will save an epic amount of time in terms of workflow especially for us OCD types.

2) The second feature also related to automation breakpoints is to have each breakpoint, when you mouse over it, display a clickable tool-tip from which you can either edit OR copy the value (right-click edit) to allow you to change the value of the parameter OR paste that value to another breakpoint somewhere else. That is equally powerful.

Thanks for reading, and happy new year to everyone.

Regards,
Alain

WildOak

Re: Automation snap-to-grid & breakpoint values

Post by WildOak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Saragn wrote: 1) Snap-to-grid automation breakpoints. Why do I have to select a section first and drag that entire selection to move to how I need it? Why can't I just click on an automation breakpoint and have it snap to the same global timing grid? Imagine if I could select a breakpoint, drag it to the left or right and have it snap to each grid line as I drag that breakpoint across those lines. This is VERY powerful and will save an epic amount of time in terms of workflow especially for us OCD types.

Yes please!
DAW-
Ableton 9.6

System-
MacBook Pro Intel Core i7
2.9 Ghz 8 GB
OSX 10.8.5

Interface-
Apollo Twin DUO

Monitors-
Yamaha HS7

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:32 pm

its been suggested for 20 years.... :evil:

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 pm

+ 1 million

Logic8807

Post by Logic8807 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:25 pm

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED?!?!?!?
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.