Push 2 Sampler waveform support

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
rev_engineer

Push 2 Sampler waveform support

Post by rev_engineer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Waveform view on Push 2 screen for Sampler, please!

I was really excited by the waveform display on Push 2, then really surprised when I discovered it's not supported for Sampler. It's the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Push 2.

Ark1

Re: Push 2 Sampler waveform support

Post by Ark1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:39 pm

+1 on this

I really don't understand why it isn't already a feature. And I was even more surprised when I had the Push 2 in my hands and I couldn't work out where the Sampler wave form was... :lol:

rev_engineer

Post by rev_engineer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I've finally got myself a Push 2. Still no support for waveform display in Sampler. This is mental. Customers have been asking for it for ~3 years now. While we're at it, clip start and end controls for Sampler via Push 2 is a no-brainer as well. I'm on Live Suite 9 but from what I understand, 10 doesn't fix this. All this focusing on Simpler kind of takes the piss for those of us who've paid for (and rely on) Sampler.

Any chance of a quick explanation why, Ableton? Just a wee sentence or two? Tell us whether you plan to implement it or not, maybe?

Other than this I'm loving Push 2!

dvdpck

Post by dvdpck » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 pm

It seems like Ableton had to do a whole redesign of Simpler to get it to work with Push 2 the way it does now. They probably would have to make some serious changes to how Sampler works. It seems like they have been focusing on updating their devices and adding new devices, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Sampler gets a facelift and a Push 2 waveform visualization. Just speculating. I definitely would like this as well.

rev_engineer

Post by rev_engineer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 am

Sounds about right. I went a bit ranty yesterday, I guess it's not that big a deal but I was really hoping they'd have sorted it in the 2.5 years since I nearly bought a Push 2 and actually bought one!

torbenscharling

Post by torbenscharling » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Please get this fixed sooner rather than later.