Native LFO

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
S-N-S

Re: Native LFO

Post by S-N-S » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 am

M4L defo needs to be better "optimized"so it feels more intergrated into Live

Quez

Post by Quez » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 am

I'm fine with the M4L LFO since I have Suite, but it sucks for everyone who has the Standard version of Live.

Warmonger

Post by Warmonger » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Please unlink LFO and other devices from Max4Live. It is ridiculous to load whole M4L for something so trivial, and M4L devices are known to be CPU hungry.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:53 pm

I think even a habitual Max user might appreciate a few official devices being given native versions to increase efficiency. Especially considering that many of the native devices were previously prototyped in Max (EG:the grain delay). So there is precedent.

hypothetically:
if The LFO and Convolution Reverb Pro were discovered to be used in 70% of Suite-user's sets, and 25% of all users say "I wouldnt trust them on stage" then it might be good and more efficient to lower their resource usage via any means necessary.
Again, thats hypothetical, but Ableton already have usage data streamed from the app and can do questionnaires for the non-usage.

td6d

Post by td6d » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Angstrom wrote:I think even a habitual Max user might appreciate a few official devices being given native versions to increase efficiency. Especially considering that many of the native devices were previously prototyped in Max (EG:the grain delay). So there is precedent.

hypothetically:
if The LFO and Convolution Reverb Pro were discovered to be used in 70% of Suite-user's sets, and 25% of all users say "I wouldnt trust them on stage" then it might be good and more efficient to lower their resource usage via any means necessary.
Again, thats hypothetical, but Ableton already have usage data streamed from the app and can do questionnaires for the non-usage.
I'm not sure you need surveys and user data to figure out things like a native LFO device are a very wanted/needed feature in a music production program :roll:
If you want any signal at all, look at this thread :mrgreen:

spektralisk

Post by spektralisk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 pm

+1 and not just for LFO but for other types of modulators as well like Envelopes, Sequencers, Followers, KeyFollow and maybe other bizarre stuff + possibility to alter every modulator output further by the transfer curve (per each mapped param).

td6d

Post by td6d » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Finally it's time to crack open this topic again!
So M4L is completely integrated into Live as of Live 10, which might solve our problems.
I've opted out of the beta program a long time ago, anyone here able to try out the new LFO device?
I'm super curious if the loading times are the same as the native-native devices now or if there is still a notable difference.

alec.tron

Post by alec.tron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:22 am

+1 for native Live LFO/s without work-arounds or M4L.
c.

td6d

Post by td6d » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

alec.tron wrote:+1 for native Live LFO/s without work-arounds or M4L.
c.
To my understanding it's still running on the M4L engine but they implemented the program into Live.
I'm still curious if the new devices load up as fast as native Live devices. I haven't seen that anywhere yet.