Highlight/copy/paste controls within Drum Rack cells!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
invader_tron

Highlight/copy/paste controls within Drum Rack cells!

Post by invader_tron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:49 am

Why are there no inbuilt copy/paste/duplicate/group highlight etc controls within Drum Rack cells? Seriously, this needs to happen - I am a live fingerdrummer using MPD/MPC controllers, this is my full time profession, and I have literally spent dozens and dozens of hours of my life simply moving thing about the drum rack cells - having to INDIVIDUALLY duplicate/move hundreds of samples about the place every time I want to create/edit an instrument/device.

This takes up sooooo much time and is such a creativity killer... I have amazing ideas for complex machines incorporating layers of samples etc, yet it just takes so so long to actually use the Drum Racks effectively.

Surely this can be something that can be implemented soon? I've seen other users on the forum asking this very same thing... I know I am only one of thousands of your customers frustrated by this simple design oversight. Drum Racks are such an amazingly powerful tool but they are severely gimped by the lack of native (you would think obvious) editing commands such as highlighting numerous cells and copying. We can do it with midi information, we can do it with audio, with almost everything else - why not within the Drum Racks?

PLEASE please please please please please work on this... Please... You will make me and sooooo many people very happy!!! :D