Turn Session View into Plugin/Insert Mix View

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
robbieds

Turn Session View into Plugin/Insert Mix View

Post by robbieds » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:04 pm

In Pro Tools, the mix page is designed like a console and shows the channel's insert chain, and all the plugins.

ALL Plugins across all tracks are easily accessible in Pro Tools. I think ableton should have to ability to turn the SESSION view 'BOXES' into a list of all inserts/device (clip boxes matching each device in series order - clicking the box/activating would display the device in the detail view.) Making a true Mix Page

This is one thing that is slowing me down in ableton, having to search through insert chains on every channel in a small detail view, especially when I have a lot of processing going on.

It's also a tool for planning/visualizing the signal routing of your mix. I don't have quick access to all this information at once in ableton.

I also want to quickly access a plug-in without menu diving. So please add a 'MIX Page', or the ability to transform the 'Boxes' in the session view (which aren't even used in the mixing process...or for arranging most of the time)

robbieds

Re: Turn Session View into Plugin/Insert Mix View

Post by robbieds » Fri May 20, 2016 12:33 am

I found out how to do this, its a hidden feature, one line of code needed.

Wish someone would've told me about it... But ya maybe make this a full fledged feature ableton?

amg56

Re: Turn Session View into Plugin/Insert Mix View

Post by amg56 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:23 am

Yeah, this is one that would really help. I turned on the hidden feature, but it's hidden for a reason - the features are minimal, and its display has a few minor problems. As soon as projects get large, you need a good way to look over your project and figure out what you put where a month ago, and you need to jump around, for example, EQs really quickly.