Ableton 10 suggestions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tone61

Re: Ableton 10 suggestions

Post by tone61 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

Stefan Jantschek wrote:
tone61 wrote:In previous versions of Live, Ableton has co-operated with AAA to make custom versions of their VSTs.
Maybe here is a new effect that could become part of Live 10?

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/objeq-delay/
Nice package.

But honestly,
is there any sound sample we cannot do with L9 already?
Is it really wise for Live 10 to put more effort in repacking again?
Shouldn´t we put our claims a bit higher??
:roll:

We can see lots of (i-)wishes here,
but barely visions.

Slowly i need to agree what the Admins admit to observe.
That might be not the right place to talk about it.
:cry:
Well I have no idea what kind of plans Ableton has for Live10.
Live9 already has much more functionality for ordinary users than was available for people who made great records on last century.
I don't feel I miss anything critical for my use, so I don't have any huge visions - there is already so much you can use.
Good results are now more about how you use your tools rather than technology limitations preventing it.

Still, companies need to release new products if they want to make money.
So Live10 should be available sooner or later.

IMO the most important things to add are those DAW functions that you cannot buy as VSTs.
In many earlier releases there have been some new instruments or effects.
IMO this new delay can produce some unique sounds, the UI is well suited for transfering to Live device principles and
because of that it could be one option if Ableton considers adding new instruments or effects.

Scaper7

Post by Scaper7 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:54 am

my wish for Live 10: advanced audio tracking, comping and editing features

RonForger

Post by RonForger » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Ableton Live Suggestion Feature : "CATEGORIZATION OF PLUGINS"

As a fellow tracker-mode user of Ableton Live 9, I have a simple but quite effective feature suggestion that will save a lot of time.
It would be very helpful now in 2017 to include the ability to add custom notes or keywords to VST and AU Plugins.
This is such a pain to remember their names. Sometimes, I will need "Krusher", or "CamelCrusher", or "bitCrusher"... or other onew with some weird names.
Allowing us to classify/categorize plugins within our own structure should not be hard to code, and would be a GREAT improvement in user-flow.
This way, we will be able to instantly tap into the (for example) "Crusher FX'es", or "Substractive Synths", or "Common Voice FX", or "Scatter and Chopper effects"... you got it !

Is that planned in development ? (The only possible answer is "YES")

Thank you very much,

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

I would like ableton not to lose focus of where I was on the clip matrix when I click on the master track - and in a number of other occasions, both vertically and horizontally.
Also, to restore the focus upon reopening track.

Other than that, if a hovering little map appeared as you grabbed the side and bottom bar to move across the session view, it would be great to see where stuff is playing compared to where you are.

I use 50 tracks sometimes, Simon Posford uses even 150...
For anyone who uses lots of tracks, this would save a lot time searching where you were.

RonForger

Post by RonForger » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:10 am

All the following suggestions relates to the Tracker View :

=> LIBRARY ORGANIZATION : A preview of the plugins (Like in FL Studio) would add a great visual help for those using a LOT of plugins, and sometimes not remembering them by their name (some plugins have crzy, ugly and not evocative/obvious names). Seeing a viaul snapshot of the plugin interface would give an instant hint to my mind? and lead me to conclude "Oh yeah, my mind remember that this was THAT "green plugin with this little knobs on the bottom" that I need for the stuff I need :)" )

=> LIBRARY ORGANIZATION : Having the ability to organize the plugins by color, and group plugins by custom category names (like I can do in the Library)

=> TRACKS TRAVERSAL/BROWSING : Being able to have a search bar for serching through TRACK NAMES on huge projects ! It would accelerate the workflow !

=> TRACKS ZONE PLACEMENT : Extend the track names zone further (too small sometimes)

=> DEBUG : The weird behavior of grouped tracks : sometimes, when the Group is collapsed, all the tracks get hidden (that is normal), but the Group track itself become hidden !! I have to navigate with the keyboard and press the "Right" key to expand the Group.

=> LIBRARY BROWSING : Ability to show BOTH columns : Date modified AND Size (and not only one of these columns). It's painful constantly having to right-click the columns title bar and select "Date" or "Size"

=> PROJECT MAGANEMENT : Highlight the Project sections to a different color and or Bold font (Project Content, External Files, Missing files, Sets, Unused files, ...). These titles are the same font of the information displayed below : that's not very easy to navigate. A simple Bold Blue would help.

=> CUSTOMIZATION : It would be great to allow the Tracks list (and Timing, I/O) to be displayed on the left of the screen. I'm used to have it on the right side, but sometimes, having it on the left side would be great for me.

turtletheory

Post by turtletheory » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 am

Quick feature request with regards to instruments / effects in groups.

It'd be really handy if we could quickly toggle show/hide of all the plugins within a group by adding a wrench icon to the group box. See attached screenshot.

Thanks!

Screenshot link: http://imgur.com/a/y5R9E

daizok

Post by daizok » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 am

Long on the wishlist; custom warp marker coloring.

yotam lifshitz

Post by yotam lifshitz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm

PROPER BRIDGING SYSTEM :cry: :cry: :cry:
Let's be cool like the other daws ! 8)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 pm

yotam lifshitz wrote:PROPER BRIDGING SYSTEM :cry: :cry: :cry:
Let's be cool like the other daws ! 8)
No, thank you. This will only bring problems. Move on!
Make some music!

condra

Post by condra » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 am

- Improvements to Operator and Sampler. (More filters and LFOs, also creative repitch/interpolation modes in Sampler)
- Freeze Groups
- A drag-n-drop "quick export" from frozen tracks to browser. Great for sound design.
- Bloat the individual instruments and fx all you like, but please don't bloat the arrange/session interfaces.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:46 am

Live 10 is cooked, we should see what is new and improved in the next couple weeks when Loop is over.
Basically this thread is more of a Santa's wish list now.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say they improved the Browser, because it's pretty much universally hated. (I just don't use it at all really)

Polyphonic aftertouch or MPE or both are here, since not having them now that Push could use them, and Roli, Linnstrument etc. are more common.

Couldn't tell you what else, I personally hope they revived their online collaboration project...

Mislocationbrick

Post by Mislocationbrick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 am

As i see L10 is launching soon, i would suggest this for any upcoming patches:

Being able to map the X-Y functionality (on plugin blocks) to my Push2 device.
Say you would press something along the lines of "shift + device" and access the 64 pad area with 1 button lit, which represents where the x-y "cursor" is.
Add some glide parameters to smooth transitions between positions.

Anyway, just a thought !

td6d

Post by td6d » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 am

I just watched a long 'new ableton 10 features' video which shows the new clip drag and select ways.
Top of the clip = dragging, bottom of the clip = making selection.
This is the exact opposite of Pro Tools, is there an option to switch these around?
I think I'll go crazy if I have to mentally switch every day.. :|

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:19 am

There is no way to switch them around.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

td6d

Post by td6d » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Tarekith wrote:There is no way to switch them around.
Sheiiii- :(