Ableton 10 suggestions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
CaptainCooked

Re: Ableton 10 suggestions

Post by CaptainCooked » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:52 am

I love pinch to zoom.

Could we try touchpad horizontal panning?

:)

Valkon

Post by Valkon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm

It seems to me that there is nothing easier and more desirable than: when you first click on the “Stop” button, pause the recording / playback (so as not to record noise, applause and whistle between the tracks, and it would be possible to continue recording the concert from the place of the pause ); when pressed again, completely stop the set (subsequent recording / playback starts from the beginning); and with a double quick click - immediately save the record in the previously selected directory, with the automatic assignment of the following serial numbers.
I think this is indispensable for live performances (unless, of course, Live is for them)!

Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:26 am

How about a History panel? It would be great to go back through the session activities to find a mix or recording rather than having to go through lots of 'undos'. Also a universal 'reduce all track levels by x db would be great. Keep up the great work.

TheeAndreas

Post by TheeAndreas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:19 am

Yooooo, just gonna start this off with gratitude for giving us the world's best DAW and finally reaching your deserved spot as the no.1 in popularity!!!

I've made suggestions before when I was in college that immediately appeared into Live 10 and so I want to thank you guys again for such fantastic interaction with your users and your keenness to make this software the best you possibly can!!!

Waffle over:

I think a massive improvement to Live would be the option to export our music in real-time, not the player aha but of course to be exporting the project at the speed and timing of itself so that as many snapshots of audio are being converted as possible!!! To be quite honest the Sound Engine hosting Abelton has improved over the years majorly especially in the last two editions and the export quality is absolutely fantastic however I think it would be lovely just for peace of mind to know that as much quality from your projects is getting into that exported Wave file when you have finalised your song. I hope I've not set you a terrible task and I know that if this feature doesn't get added it must be because you guys feel it doesn't need to and I will trust that response completely!!! Sometimes when I look at how fast it exports the music I go wow how the hell does this wave even sound good quality like how can it take snapshots that fast hahaha!!! Thanks guys and much love to you and the full Abelton community, I'm proud to be part of the best;) :mrgreen:

Valkon

Post by Valkon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 am

It’s good to make Live remember the state of the Ext. button at the time of shutting down the computer!
If this is too complicated, then at least provide users with the ability to control pressing / releasing the Ext. button from the controller’s button, as it was done for the neighboring Tap and Tempo (so that the performer wouldn’t have to transport the monitor and mouse on live performances, instead of autoload).

Nicky G.dj

Post by Nicky G.dj » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 pm

I would like to propose small, simple but useful improvements to Ableton.

1. It will seem strange as a request because immediately you will answer me there is the command "consolidate" but I would ask a simple thing:
Sometimes mounting audio with many clip fragments on the same audio track (arrangement view), I need to keep these clips together in order to move them all together without having to merge them into a new track. A Merge Clip command, groups clips which, if necessary, can be removed from the grouping and moved individually (as is the case in many other software eg Audition, Cubase, logic, etc. ..)

2. Add multiple colors to the collections
3. When I keep the panel closed with the folders added to the collection on the left (displaying only the folder icon to increase the space dedicated to reading the names of the files / plug-ins etc.) I would like:
a) Color and customize the folder icons with colors ... so I can already know visually if the red folder I have certain files, the green others etc.
b) when I move the mouse over a folder I would like a label superimposed on me with the name of the folder so as not to have to expand the panel to understand which folder it is.

3. I know you are already aware of this thing (it is also written in the manual), but if I import a precise audio track and already aimed at 0 db, when I apply the warping complex / complex pro this audio track starts to clipping of +3/4/5 db
I do not understand why but "I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS WRONG", if a track is already at 0db why is it increasing its volume?

4. in warp preferences is it possible to add complex pro as default algorithm together with complex? why the PRO is missing ??

5. in the Sample view where you insert the markers for the warp, is it possible to insert a comment marker?
Is it possible to insert (memorize) several Loop = markers?

6. it is possible to insert comment markers on the arrangement and by exporting to mp3 / wav these markers are read as markers compatible with the Audition 2020 markers,
both from Ableton to Audition and vice versa ??
So to have references in both DAWs since Audition is widely used by radio studios?

7. is it possible to have a match of the markers between Traktor and Ableton ??

8. Is it possible to store the "Info text" on the audio clip and not in the project file? (or both)

9. [SHORTCUT "KEYBOARD COMMANDS]

Is there a way to map certain items from menus without a keyboard command?
for example Duplica has assigned CTRL + D, Loop CTRL + L etc ...
I wish I could give example:
"Establish here 1.1.1." with a command type CTRL + 0
"Warp direct from here" CTRL + 6
Customization of keyboard commands (as in all software)

10. [zoom in / out ... Mouse]
Currently by pressing ctrl / cmd plus the mouse wheel it is possible to Zoom IN / OUT on a track.
Shift + Wheel to move the view to the Right and Left ....
Is there any way to do this without pressing CTRL or SHIFT?

Last edited by Nicky G.dj on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Putting this all in one post in a general thread is not likely to reach the correct eyes. Earlier in this thread an Ableton rep said that if you really want something seen, put it in a new thread. And I would add that sticking to a single suggestion per thread with a very clear title is more likely to make a light go off in Ableton's head than 10 in one post.

jchu

Post by jchu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:10 am

IM not sure if this counts as Ableton 10 suggestion, but I prefer the old Ableton 9 way of dealing with automation, ( no automation mode) I find myself copying automation to where its not supposed to be way more often in Ableton, switching in and out of automation mode is a real hassle as someone who uses my computer keyboard a lot to record midi.

I just feel like automation view has slowed down my workflow a lot, I'm fairly certain I can't be the only person who feels this way.

it would be cool if there was an option for 10 to feel more like 9 in that way

tourist

Post by tourist » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:30 pm

freeze all freezable tracks

clthorbe

Individual Window Panel Adjustable Resolution while using more than one pane

Post by clthorbe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:11 am

I open up ableton and I have them in a two window view, one on each display. Onee monitor is a 27" display and another screen would be my macbook.

The resolution on the MacBook is fine but the resolution on my 27" display is hard to see.
I went to the ableton settings to change the resolution on my monitor for ableton. Ok great that is better.. but now my MacBook display has a user interface that is now sized at a very impractical size.
Being able to adjust the resolution in the ableton window panes individually would change lives forever.

jonno83

Post by jonno83 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:13 am

Last edited by jonno83 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:05 am

Might be nice to be able to switch it. Does any DAW do this? I only see it with piano player apps. Synthesia, etc.

jonno83

Post by jonno83 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:29 am

Last edited by jonno83 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Well, from an editing point of view, you're seeing the notes vertically in terms of pitch which is the way notation is. That makes a great deal of sense if you're not a keyboard player. I wouldn't mind the option, but not as the only way to see it.

jonno83

Post by jonno83 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:45 am

Last edited by jonno83 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.