More feature requests:

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
golemus

More feature requests:

Post by golemus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 pm

- if you have group track with a lot of tracks, the area above the tracks (with miniature structure view) will be very high and consume a lot of space on the display. You should be able to hide this, I think it just makes you to scroll more up/down without any added value for me.

- it is nice that if you could have a FLAC, perhaps even MP3 export (or with one mouse click exporting 2 or 3 files (wav, flac, mp3 for example). And in the dialog you should be able to input metadata like ARTIST, TITLE, DATE. This would eliminate the step that you need to convert WAV/AIFF with another program.

- oscilloscope plugin (like exoscope) for Ableton

- in the rare situations where you have to manage with the computer midi keyboard (the normal keyboard buttons) it would be nice that you could transpose the note pitch of these keys of at least +-3 octaves.

- vst plugins should be allowed to be placed under places category in browser. Now I have to use .adg files, to put a vst plugin in instrument or effect rack for this to be possible. It increases unneccessary crap in audio/midi tracks (unneccessary racks), and every time you ungroup a plugin from a rack it takes 1.5-2 seconds.

- there should be "save as new version" choice in FILE menu. When you choose "save as new version", it will save SONGNAME-3.als as SONGNAME-4.als (and etc..).

- there should be a low power mode for the situations where you are composing with laptop battery. In this mode all rendering, etc... could be done in lower resolution or everything possible done to increase battery life.

- flanger and phaser effects are really outdated. They really cannot compare lets say with Waves Metaflanger, U-He Uhbik effects, etc...

brianroach

Re: More feature requests:

Post by brianroach » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 pm

golemus wrote:- if you have group track with a lot of tracks, the area above the tracks (with miniature structure view) will be very high and consume a lot of space on the display. You should be able to hide this, I think it just makes you to scroll more up/down without any added value for me.

- it is nice that if you could have a FLAC, perhaps even MP3 export (or with one mouse click exporting 2 or 3 files (wav, flac, mp3 for example). And in the dialog you should be able to input metadata like ARTIST, TITLE, DATE. This would eliminate the step that you need to convert WAV/AIFF with another program.

- oscilloscope plugin (like exoscope) for Ableton

- in the rare situations where you have to manage with the computer midi keyboard (the normal keyboard buttons) it would be nice that you could transpose the note pitch of these keys of at least +-3 octaves.

- vst plugins should be allowed to be placed under places category in browser. Now I have to use .adg files, to put a vst plugin in instrument or effect rack for this to be possible. It increases unneccessary crap in audio/midi tracks (unneccessary racks), and every time you ungroup a plugin from a rack it takes 1.5-2 seconds.

- there should be "save as new version" choice in FILE menu. When you choose "save as new version", it will save SONGNAME-3.als as SONGNAME-4.als (and etc..).

- there should be a low power mode for the situations where you are composing with laptop battery. In this mode all rendering, etc... could be done in lower resolution or everything possible done to increase battery life.

- flanger and phaser effects are really outdated. They really cannot compare lets say with Waves Metaflanger, U-He Uhbik effects, etc...
1. You can already do that - CMD/CTRL + ALT + O

2. I agree.

3. I agree.

4. You can also already do this too - try tapping either 'z' or 'x' to go up and down octaves.

5. If you're on a mac you could always check out Auganizer (http://www.auganizer.com/). Not exactly what you're talking about, but its a step in the right direction (towards organization).

6. They already have this as well - it's called 'Save a copy' and does exactly that.

7. They have this built in as well - they're called the Freeze / Flatten functions

8. No comment.

You should really read the manual. Would've saved a post on here for most of what you had requested.