Six suggestions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Martin Gifford

Six suggestions

Post by Martin Gifford » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:39 am

Six things I'd like:

1) Allow the ability to hide the "clip" box in the midi editor to maximise space so that we can make the midi editor truly full screen

2) Make keyboard shortcuts thoroughly programmable by the user (e.g. I'd love to use more convenient Ctrl key instead of "B" to switch draw mode on and off)

3) Add programmable shortcut buttons in empty areas like in that bar below the menu bar

4) Improve midi editing - add features and methods from FL Studio etc with the aim of making Ableton’s midi editor into the best

5) Create the ability to make better skins visuals are very important for some people

6) Overhaul of the browser to make everything superfast, fun, and intuitive so that even a total noob can find exactly what she wants instantly

Martin Gifford

Re: Six suggestions

Post by Martin Gifford » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Regarding point 4 - improving the midi editor:

To emphasise the point, check out the comments about Ableton's piano roll vs FL Studio's piano roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVlKhBQ5wU

District_Onagi

Re: Six suggestions

Post by District_Onagi » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Martin Gifford wrote:Six things I'd like:

1) Allow the ability to hide the "clip" box in the midi editor to maximise space so that we can make the midi editor truly full screen

2) Make keyboard shortcuts thoroughly programmable by the user (e.g. I'd love to use more convenient Ctrl key instead of "B" to switch draw mode on and off)

3) Add programmable shortcut buttons in empty areas like in that bar below the menu bar

4) Improve midi editing - add features and methods from FL Studio etc with the aim of making Ableton’s midi editor into the best

5) Create the ability to make better skins visuals are very important for some people

6) Overhaul of the browser to make everything superfast, fun, and intuitive so that even a total noob can find exactly what she wants instantly
In regards to 4, I would say to take the drum step sequencer from FL studio and FL's huge piano roll and put that into Ableton. It is really irritating having to constatly manage the piano roll screen size. Having separate windows for the piano roll would reall be helpful.

I would also add 16 pitches to simpler in drum racks and on Push 2

https://youtu.be/hGPqtJMfUwU?t=4m19s