Globale MIDI Ausgabe

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Udo Behm

Globale MIDI Ausgabe

Post by Udo Behm » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:54 am

Hallo, ich wüsste doch ganz gerne, ob ihr in Live eine Funktion einbauen könnt, die es erlaubt, einen MIDI-Track so einzustellen, dass dieser nicht nur auf einen (anwählbaren) MIDI-Kanel in Live ausgegeben (bzw. weitergeleitet) wird, sondern auf ALLE in einem Live Projekt verfügbaren MIDI-Kanäle.

Ich würde gerne eine Art Master-MIDI-Spur in Live erzeugen und diese mit Devices versehen und Live so konfigurieren, dass dieser eine MIDI-Kanal sich dann automatisch - sozusagen als Pre-Configuration - auf alle anderen MIDI-Kanäle überträgt.

Wäre also schön, wenn ihr unter "MIDI To" das Ziel "All MIDI Channels" hinzufügen könntet.

Viele Grüße

chrisw63

Re: Globale MIDI Ausgabe

Post by chrisw63 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:00 pm

I used Google Translate to read your post. I hope you can do the same to read mine.

While what you ask would be possible, even trivial in Max for Live (M4L), it might cause a lot of latency. I'm sure you know that MIDI channel 0 (zero) is meant to be a 'universal' channel that most instruments listen to by default. So I'm assuming you have an instrument that requires different channels.

You might be able to use the External Instrument device in Abelton to do what you want. Put your instrument in its own track. Add a MIDI track and put an Instrument Rack in it. Drop several External Instrument devices on the Instrument Rack, one for each MIDI channel. In each External Instrument, click on the first 'MIDI To' box and look for your instrument. If your instrument is not in the list, this will not work. If it is there, choose it, then choose the MIDI channel in the box below.

Go to the next External Instrument in the Rack and do the same, but choose another MIDI channel. When you have all the channels you need, any MIDI sent to the Instrument Rack will be sent to all of the channels you picked. You can now change settings in the Instrument Rack, if you like, to change which MIDI notes get sent to each External Instrument, and a lot of other settings. If you are not familiar with the flexibility of the Instrument Rack device, you may want to study it further.

I hope you can read this, and I hope it helps!

Chris W.
Charleston SC USA