Auto-sampling/recording in Live

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Audiophillic

Auto-sampling/recording in Live

Post by Audiophillic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:49 am

I am not sure there is already a way to do this in Live 9 but if there is I can't find, and I will be happy to hear about it.

It would be great if there was a way to record samples into Live like an MPC, an SP sampler, or others, where the sampler waits for the input signal to reach a certain threshold and starts recording automatically. This is very handy and useful, and makes workflow much faster.

If this is already possible in Live please do let me know. I also thought about using Audacity but not sure it can do this also.

cfr

Re: Auto-sampling/recording in Live

Post by cfr » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:05 am

Audiophillic wrote:I am not sure there is already a way to do this in Live 9 but if there is I can't find, and I will be happy to hear about it.

It would be great if there was a way to record samples into Live like an MPC, an SP sampler, or others, where the sampler waits for the input signal to reach a certain threshold and starts recording automatically. This is very handy and useful, and makes workflow much faster.

If this is already possible in Live please do let me know. I also thought about using Audacity but not sure it can do this also.

this device might work for you, im sure there are more out there

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... uto-record

Audiophillic

Post by Audiophillic » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:42 am

Thank you. It is a bit fiddly but it does work. It does not record clips to the session view however, only starts the main transport, so I record the samples to the arrangement view.

Any other suggestions welcome!

johnonym

Post by johnonym » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:27 am

I am also wondering if there is such a function/control in Ableton Live 10 (Intro).

djpioneer937

Post by djpioneer937 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:15 am

Audiophillic wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:49 am
I am not sure there is already a way to do this in Live 9 but if there is I can't find, and I will be happy to hear about it.

+1

kparagraphic

Post by kparagraphic » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:27 am

i agree this would be a cool feature, for example, if drum rack listened to track audio input and automatically created samplers on each pad every time a new sound came in...or sampler itself could do this for multisampling. i can see why this would be difficult to implement. i know ableton can slice to drum rack automatically which is handy but it would be cool if it could leave those slices on the timeline or put them into slots in clip view.

feel free to try out this patch i made, it's not officially released or anything but it works well enough for me and other people who have tried it. it won't save the audio clips to session view but it will save them to a folder on your drive so you can quickly drag em into session view. first just specify a folder you want to save to, then set up a common file name and start recording stuff in. the sounds should save to buffers on the right, then you click the red button to save them to disk.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a_ejW ... KC3rFBZpzD