Pitch Tracking/Correction for Samples

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
redmotion

Pitch Tracking/Correction for Samples

Post by redmotion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:44 am

I would like this as a feature of the audio/sample editor.

Here's how it might work:-

Ableton analyses the sample ONCE. It then finds the nearest pitch (like C3 or D4 or whatever - this is the "root") and it draws a line along the sample showing how much the audio deviates from that pitch. A bit like the sample pitch line in Native Instruments Reaktor ensemble FORM.

You can then:
1. Use the sample pitch controls to correct the pitch manually (by drawing the transpose envelope line like you do with the volume)
2. Have it auto-correct the pitch (check a checkbox) to set the calculated pitch adjustments along the entire sample (this can then be unchecked and adjusted manually afterwards)
3. Transpose the whole thing up and down so that the the "root" is perfectly in tune.

Personally, I'd like this feature in order to correct the pitch of experimental audio from Reaktor and Max.

Stromkraft

Re: Pitch Tracking/Correction for Samples

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 am

redmotion wrote:I would like this as a feature of the audio/sample editor.

Here's how it might work:-

Ableton analyses the sample ONCE. It then finds the nearest pitch (like C3 or D4 or whatever - this is the "root") and it draws a line along the sample showing how much the audio deviates from that pitch. A bit like the sample pitch line in Native Instruments Reaktor ensemble FORM.

You can then:
1. Use the sample pitch controls to correct the pitch manually (by drawing the transpose envelope line like you do with the volume)
2. Have it auto-correct the pitch (check a checkbox) to set the calculated pitch adjustments along the entire sample (this can then be unchecked and adjusted manually afterwards)
3. Transpose the whole thing up and down so that the the "root" is perfectly in tune.

Personally, I'd like this feature in order to correct the pitch of experimental audio from Reaktor and Max.
I like this idea. Is there a suggestion at centercode to vote for?
Make some music!