More Options Per Clip Slot

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tjspurge

More Options Per Clip Slot

Post by tjspurge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 pm

In addition to the "audio clip overdub" feature which has been requested a few times in this forum, I'd like to see some options for individual clip slots, such as the ability to put audio/midi effects into individual slots, the ability to load VSTs into individual clip slots,, and the ability to predefine colors for blank clip slots. Another cool feature would be to have sends for each clip slot. Essentially, I think clips should have as many options as channels do, as this would make sets easier to navigate, and it would help unify the session view.

Image if each audio clip slot had the ability to be set up the way a looper can be set up!! Also, It would be awesome to have blank audio clips with automations written into them before any audio is recorded, essentially giving us infinitely more flexibility in session view. Think of each clip slot as an instrument rack unto itself, with routing options, fx, etc...

chapelier fou

Re: More Options Per Clip Slot

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 am

You have to read how to write clip automation. Everything you describe (except for the background color, which i'd love to see as well) is possible already with send automation, device on/off and chain selector for racks.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

tjspurge

Post by tjspurge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:39 pm

chapelier fou wrote:You have to read how to write clip automation. Everything you describe (except for the background color, which i'd love to see as well) is possible already with send automation, device on/off and chain selector for racks.

Is this possible for audio clips? I know I can do all that stuff with midi clips, since I can start with a blank clip and use session record to overdub midi. I'm a total newb at this stuff.

As far as I can tell, creating blank clips is only possible for MIDI clips.

Really, the feature I would love to see is "audio clip overdub". I want to use this in a live situation (looper doesn't integrate into session view seamlessly)

Thanks everyone!!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am

It's at this point that you should really go back to the manual i'm afraid, concentrate on the I/O section...

Cheers
D