Option to default Export Audio & bypass all effects/plugins

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
stuartharesnape

Option to default Export Audio & bypass all effects/plugins

Post by stuartharesnape » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 am

In preferences I would like to see an option that when you export audio it bypasses all master buss effects and bounces the audio down without this at 0 volume. Maybe you can offer to override this at the time of export.

I hope you realise that it would save the almost endless repeat exporting when you forget to turn this stuff off.

Stromkraft

Re: Option to default Export Audio & bypass all effects/plugins

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

stuartharesnape wrote:In preferences I would like to see an option that when you export audio it bypasses all master buss effects and bounces the audio down without this at 0 volume. Maybe you can offer to override this at the time of export.

I hope you realise that it would save the almost endless repeat exporting when you forget to turn this stuff off.
I use a "Main Buss" that all tracks, busses and returns go to before master. Whatever I put on my master — like Waves NX and room correcting software — is not part of exports as I choose this main buss. The alternative is of course to turn off all master buss effects. As in all my busses all sends are turned off, to avoid loops (which would add 1 sample of latency).

One irritation is that Live won't remember I want default tracks to go to this Main Buss, rather than Master. But I need to keep track of routings myself so no big deal.

I never export hotter than -0.3dBFS and I prefer to use my Limiter instead of normalizing.
Make some music!

micadoe

Post by micadoe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Hey there.

don't know if you're still interested. but as i came across this thread and had the same question but couldnt find an answer, i did some research, found a solution and quickly made a tutorial video.

you're welcome ;)

https://youtu.be/T4SkSEv5lW8

jnak

Post by jnak » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:54 pm

@micadoe your video is offline. What was your trick?

nicolasvair

Post by nicolasvair » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:02 am

Hi, I made a max 4 live device that disable a plugin at export, it might work for what you want to do.

It's here for free.
https://nicolasvair.tumblr.com/post/733 ... e-devices

I would really appreciate feedback to know if it works for you or if it doesn't !

NV