Give Operator/Analog Program Patch Storage capability

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
NoSonic822

Give Operator/Analog Program Patch Storage capability

Post by NoSonic822 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 am

This might have been mentioned before, but can we have Program capabilities for at least Operator?

antic604

Re: Give Operator/Analog Program Patch Storage capability

Post by antic604 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:05 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:This might have been mentioned before, but can we have Program capabilities for at least Operator?
You mean like saving presets and switching between them while playing? There's at least two ways you can achieve that:
- put two (or more) instances of Operator in an Instrument Rack and switch between them using Chain Selector (https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/instr ... ect-racks/)
- use a MaxForLive device that stores and invokes presets, e.g. K-Device's TIP (http://k-devices.com/products/tip/)

Both solutions will work for any instrument or effect, native or 3rd party.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 am

that's a workaround but I don't want workarounds I want stability amd simplicity and if synth1 can have programs I don't see y operator can't

antic604

Post by antic604 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:that's a workaround but I don't want workarounds I want stability amd simplicity and if synth1 can have programs I don't see y operator can't
Well, both solutions are very stable and they're there (especially the racks) as an integral part of doing stuff in Live, so I don't see them as workaround. Actually, if I wanted to alternate patches for my bassline played by Synth1 I'd use exactly that, rather than changing programs - it's very quick to set up and offers additional possibilities, like seamless crossfades between patches mapped to velocity or key.

But whatever - please request Ableton adding that functionality to Operator and we'll see how for you get :)