Any global hot key options in ableton? or go third party?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
afrowninside

Any global hot key options in ableton? or go third party?

Post by afrowninside » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 am

Hey all you sweet people! :D
I was wondering if anyone new of any global hot key options available in ableton?

I'm currently trying out a new song writing process going lyrics first then trying to structure the music around it (I wouldn't recommend it at all so far haha much easier the other way).
I'm reading my lyrics in word and playing the music to see if it matches the flow of the lyrics. It would be great to have a way to play and pause the track without have to constantly switch between the two windows to do this basic function.

In foobar music player when setting up hotkeys there is a box you can tick which makes it a global hotkey meaning it will trigger even when you have a different window open.

Any ideas would be super appreciated
Cheers angels

(I had an image to help show but can't find a way to post it.. any ideas on this? We have to host it somewhere else and then link through url? Any quick and easy image hosting sites to recommend?)

Stromkraft

Re: Any global hot key options in ableton? or go third party?

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:27 am

afrowninside wrote: (I had an image to help show but can't find a way to post it.. any ideas on this? We have to host it somewhere else and then link through url? Any quick and easy image hosting sites to recommend?)
Imgur
Make some music!