Warp Modes in Sampler

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
fulses

Warp Modes in Sampler

Post by fulses » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:02 am

Unless I'm missing something why are there no warp modes available in Sampler when it's in Simpler? Isn't Sampler supposed to be the full featured sibling of Simpler? Why is it missing something like that then?

Stromkraft

Re: Warp Modes in Sampler

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:04 am

fulses wrote:Unless I'm missing something why are there no warp modes available in Sampler when it's in Simpler? Isn't Sampler supposed to be the full featured sibling of Simpler? Why is it missing something like that then?
Obviously because Ableton secretly despise us Sampler users. :roll:

We got the new filters and that's that for now. Warping, while certainly a nice and useful feature, makes somewhat less sense in Sampler though. Here's for hope of a revamped Sampler before the end of the year.
Make some music!

dendrosite

Post by dendrosite » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:03 am

Could you expand on why warping makes less sense in Sampler? Trying to understand from a workflow perspective.

Is it because Sampler is intended to use multiple clips, for example when emulating an instrument? I guess I am just thinking of the case when you only have one clip and you want to pitch it up and down

n-doo

Post by n-doo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 pm

It's still the same in Ableton 10, no warp mode in the sampler but it's in the simpler.... :lol:
cannot understand this...

annadyne

Post by annadyne » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm

+1, Warp Modes in Sampler!
Befuddling why Sampler can't warp, esp after all this time with Simpler ~

jeff_u

Post by jeff_u » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:04 pm

+1 :!:

mbreeson

Post by mbreeson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:55 pm

I guess you have to consolidate samples that you have warped first in Simpler, then import them into Sampler. Extra steps. I really hope Ableton adds warp to Sampler soon. They might as well just make one sampler instrument at this point.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 am

Ableton is curiously inconsistent in some ways.

torbenscharling

Post by torbenscharling » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 am
I think they’re borderline lazy / contempt with the status quo + backed by a not very aggressive community, things just kinda stay where they are with little to no improvement in so many areas.

mbreeson

Post by mbreeson » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Please look at these requests Ableton and consider implementing them.

darksidekestrel

Post by darksidekestrel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am

New ableton user and have to say it seems completely baffling why simpler would support warp but sampler doesn't...

Actually the only reason I'd swap out sampler for simpler is to be able to reverse slices - if this was implemented into simpler then I'd be happy :D

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:18 pm

torbenscharling wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm
jonljacobi wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 am
I think they’re borderline lazy / contempt with the status quo + backed by a not very aggressive community, things just kinda stay where they are with little to no improvement in so many areas.
I'm assuming you meant "content". It's always difficult to figure out what's in people's heads, but I sincerely doubt it's lazyiness. The one thing about Live I value over all others is its relative simplicity. I can get to everything without wading through a thousand features I don't need. Whenever I revisit another DAW now I feel like it's a cluttered unfocused mess.

Don't get me wrong, there are simple things that I miss, and some decisions I don't understand, but I'm loathe for the company to start implementing every little suggestion that covers a 1% usage scenario. Or add features simply to maintain revenue stream as every other company does.

I admire them for sticking to their guns on this, even if it means I have to use workarounds for some stuff, or adapt to a non-standard behavior.

All that said, I understand this point. Isn't Simpler much newer than Sampler? Or do I have that reversed?

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:43 pm

Reversed, though Simpler did get a pretty major overhaul a few years back.
Ableton Forum Administrator

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:06 am

Ah. I rarely use either, but I'm all for consistent behavior throughout the program.

mbreeson

Post by mbreeson » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:52 am

"Don't get me wrong, there are simple things that I miss, and some decisions I don't understand, but I'm loathe for the company to start implementing every little suggestion that covers a 1% usage scenario. Or add features simply to maintain revenue stream as every other company does."
What?? 1% usage scenario?? What??? This is an important request. You can't change the pitch bend range in Simpler. You have to convert to sampler to do that. Then lose all the work you've done using warp modes. Rhythmic samples that are needed for sync etc.. So you can't combine basic functions like pitch bend range (synthesis 101) if you need to keep all the warp mode work. This is insane.