STILL NO COMPING?!

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
shayanamiri

Re: STILL NO COMPING?!

Post by shayanamiri » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:30 am

This shouldn’t even be a feature request in 2019, it’s standard for a digital audio workstation now. Ableton is such an incredible software! We are all passionate about it and love everything about it. Please add comping lanes/playlists!!!

msmith1160

Post by msmith1160 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Thank you for VST3 support in 10.1. This is greatly appreciated!

My top request for the next version is: comping. I hate to use other DAWs while recording only because Ableton doesn’t support it. I realize that the Ableton DAW is mostly about midi and controlling midi devices, which is why I like it, but we also need the basics for recording with mics, too.

Comping is a feature that is extremely important and necessary when recording the “talent” through a mic. With comping you can eventually get something worth presenting.

Lyod

Post by Lyod » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am

Yes, comping would be a great improvement

Direct audio bouncing too

(these work great in Studio One)

Richard Smithson

Post by Richard Smithson » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:23 pm

megahurt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:35 pm
For fucks sake... version 10 and still no comping?
Yea, but emojis bro! How good is that!?

They're taking the piss now.

shayanamiri

Post by shayanamiri » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm

The illfactor one is dope. Thanks for sharing. Although the workarounds are welcome, I’m sure we can all agree every other popular DAW on the planet has far better comping workflow.

Floa

Post by Floa » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm

It’s so frustrating that this basic feature is not here yet, keep questioning if it will ever be an option, it’s so basic and feels unprofessional to comp with all of the workarounds

It’s not only vocals, it’s the whole workflow of layering and recording which take so much more time without this BASIC feature

I’m in love with Ableton, but the lack of comping feature is the worst in terms of workflow and time efficiency

Please. Comping is basic for every DAW and it doesn’t mean Ableton is less ‘Livey’ now.. ffs