MPE support.

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live

Are you avoiding or ditching Live due to lack of MPE support?

Yes, it's becoming really important.
82%
No, I don't care.
18%

Total votes: 123

Machinesworking

Re: MPE support.

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

thomashalp wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 am
another update and another month without any news

even just a sign that they are working on it would take away some of my frustration, and maybe even save them a couple of customers!
Seems like everyone has already switched or is switching to logic or bitwig
Yeah, it's a PITA, I love Live, but I don't love using scripts to create 16 tracks to record MPE into Live.

I'm using Reaper currently for MPE, but I would love to use Clips and MPE together in Live. Not interested in creating 16 clips for a single instrument, let alone 32, 48 and 64 Clips for 2,3 and 4 instruments...

Came really close to picking up Bitwig with their sale this last week..

leonardocincinelli

Post by leonardocincinelli » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:26 pm

yea just got the seabord, we're becoming to be too many to be ignored :)

marlasky

Post by marlasky » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:37 pm

currently I'm using Moog Animoog on the iPad with my Linnstrument, but I'm eagerly awaiting any sign from Ableton about MPE being on the horizon...don't want to switch to another DAW, but the wait has been long already... Come on Ableton, you can do it ;)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:18 am

marlasky wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:37 pm
currently I'm using Moog Animoog on the iPad with my Linnstrument, but I'm eagerly awaiting any sign from Ableton about MPE being on the horizon...don't want to switch to another DAW, but the wait has been long already... Come on Ableton, you can do it ;)
reverb.com mistakenly had a page posted with a 50% off upgrade to Bitwig Studio from 8-Track.
Bummed it was a mistake, but also hopeful that Ableton get the message at some point that a live performance DAW like Live should be able to natively use live performance tools like MPE.

I think I've struggled with Live because I always figured it was going to be the #1 solution to live performance, and it is, but it's not 100%, my other DAW Digital Performer is still widely used in the industry for backing tracks and syncing lighting etc. in shows like Beyonce, Madonna, Roger Waters etc. etc. I think it's a much better solution for smaller bands, but the tools for larger events would have to be integrated with some serious Max knowledge, it's not an out of the box a solution for these things. The audience for Live from what I can tell is geared towards 30 somethings who work in tech, with a decent knowledge of computers who appreciate the UX, and want to jam out a little after work. That's the target audience in their ads for sure.

I think at the very least it would be fantastic to have MPE native without a script and 16 tracks grouped etc. :)

Ronan Lemaire

Post by Ronan Lemaire » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Hey guys ,
We really need a MPE for the Roli seaboard ... I own a Rise 49 and it 's a pain in the ass when we have to use it... To go live it's almost impossible with 15 midi tracks to control only one instrument...
This is a forum where you are supposed to interact and I don't see any answer from you on this important topic... We don't even have any news... Are you working on it? Do you give a s... of this issue?
I'm thinking to move from Live to another DAW if nothing moves. Hope you 'll communicate at least...
RL

thomashalp

Post by thomashalp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am

well spoken

is anyone on the beta forums? wonder what the situation is like over there, last time i checked a year ago it didnt have a ton of upvotes...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 am

thomashalp wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am
well spoken

is anyone on the beta forums? wonder what the situation is like over there, last time i checked a year ago it didnt have a ton of upvotes...
https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... =1#toppost

Everyone who wants this should join and vote for it. It's definitely my #1 feature request. :?

thomashalp

Post by thomashalp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 pm

done, lets all hit that +1 button

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:27 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 am
https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... =1#toppost

Everyone who wants this should join and vote for it. It's definitely my #1 feature request. :?
Bumping. Just bought a Rise 49 of someone for a great price. Would like to use Live for it, but I'm not interested in workarounds anymore when Reaper is right here.