Ableton 10 Feature Request

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: Ableton 10 Feature Request

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Grummy wrote:
and for the Push2 - the ability to make custom banks for plugins. Sometimes on devices it makes more sense to have a bank of six encoders for parameters and then scroll to the next bank. For example having a bank of six for two ADRs on a synth, with two empty encoders. Then scroll to the next bank for just the filter parameters. Rather than have everything just strictly in order as you configure plugin parameters. For optimized Push2/plugin integration.
https://isotonikstudios.com/product/pre ... g-utility/
macgregoroi wrote:Bitwig's modulation system makes Ableton totally obsolete.

If Ableton had a modulation system that was similar to Bitwig's I would "consider" switching back.

If Ableton had sandbox plugin processing and 32bit plugin bridge and a modulation system equal to Bitwig's I would switch back instantly.
https://isotonikstudios.com/product/signal

Anything else?

Cheers
D

disaiple

Integrated A/B'ing

Post by disaiple » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:20 am

A great feature would be easier/integrated A/B'ing.

For example, EQ, make crazy or subtle curve changes etc., then use a "snapshot" function built into the EQ. The first snapshot would save your current settings and the second one would save your changed settings, then maybe there is another button for the actual A/B'ing process.

Perhaps this could even scale to instrument or effect racks as well, for easier A/B'ing of changes to effects chains or maybe even whole groups of tracks to A/B entire mixes with a single button. Maybe this could even save more than just an 'A' and 'B', maybe also have 'C' and 'D' to test out a few different methods.

Currently the only way I know to do this is either ctrl+z your way back or copy your device, make changes and then set a keybind to swap between your A and B device. This can also be done with all of the above mentioned elements but can be slightly more complicated depending on what all you want to A/B. If there is a better way or if this is already implemented with the beta then please let me know or disregard.

OtherKenny

Post by OtherKenny » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:42 am

Search (Ctrl + F) within a collection

It would be incredibly useful to be able to include something such as "[1]" / "[red]" / "[collection_name]" in a search string to be able to search exclusively within the collection specified.

For example, I have all my drum samples under a collection. When searching for "bass", I could use this filtering to ensure that synth bass sounds, etc do not appear in the results when I am only looking for drum sounds.

summer

Post by summer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:26 am

Negative Start Time on Arrangement View

But I guess that will never come since it's been request for many years
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187517

daveb

Post by daveb » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:47 am

Hi, I'd love to be able to see multiple channels EQ's at the same time (maybe stacked up in arrangement view?) which would let me see all of the channels frequencies when mixing. Thanks

SEPAT

Post by SEPAT » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am

Please for the love of god make ableton remember my interface when I open it up. For the past 11 years I’ve had to pick it in the preferences page each time.

aethic

Post by aethic » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 am

More Collections!

The ability to add more collections than just 7. This feature is incredibly useful for sorting samples, effects, .alc's, etc.

Please, Ableton!!

PanosLa

Post by PanosLa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 am

MPE support! It's such a shame for a great DAW not to be able to support some of the most expressive controllers.

stuartharesnape

Re: Ableton 10 Feature Request - Default Soundcard

Post by stuartharesnape » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:27 am

Let me choose my default soundcard preferences for in and out.

If Ableton starts and no soundcard is selected then proceed to defaults if it can be located.

This is useful because it removes the soundcard preferences if the audio card is switched off before ableton, which it is in my case always.

elayas

Select All Clips Ahead (Cmd + Shift + Click)

Post by elayas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Unorthodox, yet extremely effective and my personal weapon of choice, vis a vis the future, Ableton has become my film sfx + folley + scoring tool nr. 1, yet I feel that I would save countless hours of Select Clip + Zoom Out + Scroll Right + Shift + Click to select multiple clips in the arrangement view to move them further or backwards in time; a function I use constantly when timing music and voiceovers, et al. Pretty standard, yet too many commands.

Hindenburg Pro, a rather rudimentary tool for podcasters, has solved this with a mere Cmd + Shift + Click to select all clips ahead of the one being clicked. Simple enough.

That would save enormous amounts of time and the eventual carpel tunnel.

Danke fürs Zuhören!

hgb

Post by hgb » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Implementing a way to create custom plug in names similar to Logic would be helpful for organizing third-party plugins. A lot of inconsistent and sometimes clunky naming systems going on in my plugin library.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm

More complexity. I think they should implement everything that everyone suggests so that it takes years to learn and takes so long to wade through options that it can’t be used for live performance anymore.

keepsound

Post by keepsound » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:13 am

Ext button MIDI exposed.
Apple Script enabled
thx

justchris

Post by justchris » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:53 am

use of windows default audio api(Wasapi)

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am

Hey there,
It's way easier for us to monitor this Feature Wishlist forum if you post to the topic related to your request (or create one if there isn't already one).
A thread like this where every one post her/his wishes randomly is almost useless.
Just saying'
(yes we watch it and take notes)
:wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator