Expand / resize views on ALL instruments

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
akela

Expand / resize views on ALL instruments

Post by akela » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:45 am

Dear Ableton,

Version 10 is great! I'm very happy to see some great new features like Echo and Wavetable, more detail on Push's screen, and some lovely keyboard shortcuts.

That said, I am a little bit disappointed that it's 2018 and we still can't resize instrument windows. An FM synth the size of a business card on my screen is just REALLY hard to see.

I will say that the expanded view of Wavetable is EXCELLENT, but I really would like that option to be extended to other Instruments. Especially Operator. Please.

Thank you,

evolvetek

Re: Expand / resize views on ALL instruments

Post by evolvetek » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 pm

1000% bump.

ecranberriest

Post by ecranberriest » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:04 am

Agree so hard with this! I love wavetable's layout.
akela wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:45 am
Dear Ableton,

Version 10 is great! I'm very happy to see some great new features like Echo and Wavetable, more detail on Push's screen, and some lovely keyboard shortcuts.

That said, I am a little bit disappointed that it's 2018 and we still can't resize instrument windows. An FM synth the size of a business card on my screen is just REALLY hard to see.

I will say that the expanded view of Wavetable is EXCELLENT, but I really would like that option to be extended to other Instruments. Especially Operator. Please.

Thank you,

evolvetek

Post by evolvetek » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:11 pm

bajillion percent bump ... super surprised live 11 did not address this ... i suspect it's a fundamental design disagreement at a high enough level ... but i am a user, and i suspect there are more that agree with me than not ... i likely won't take the time to objectively demonstrate this posit, however ...

anyway ... please do it ... and don't hard code it ... make it dynamic, like mac OS and window scaling ...

finally ... why is this not more obvious to more people ? i will take the time to desire to understand this, if anyone responds that is :idea:

RaadsKoen

Post by RaadsKoen » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:57 am

or that Device wIndow itself can resized, indepent from the rest, you can resize live as a whole, so not why not the devices only?

evolvetek

Post by evolvetek » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:00 am

quadrillion percent bump. VST's have been standardized as independently resizable for some time now.

i suspect the lack of functionality around this has to do w/ core code writing that never considered independent resizing into consideration and would require significant decoupling and rewriting of libraries.

i would even settle for a multi-session approach that enabled me to have one version of live at one zoom percentage, and another (popped-out window) at a different percentage.

or ... bitwig?