The use of OS X system audio

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: The use of OS X system audio

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 am

H20nly wrote: @ Stromkraft - is your goal here to fill up the thread with petty arguments until anyone reading, including the OP, shies away from chiming in to avoid mind wrestling with you?

or... are you just trying to be an obtuse know-it-all?

just asking because i'm wondering how much effort you plan to put into telling the guy something can't be done while he has an example of an application that can do it.
I'm not sure you read my initial posts, but I interpreted the OP's request into a new idea, the post master plug-in position. Which should be possible to implement.

I just feel that asking other commenters to read the materials of the product in question — that I have no interest in really — when this still won't work with Live, is too much to ask. The OP is invested in the product. I can only speak for what I know about Live.

Now, if Sonarwerks 4 can piggyback on macOS audio that's great. While it might not help with getting Live to input its sound output into that audio path, I wonder if an aggregated audio device could work. What do you think?

In short, I think your analysis on my comment was a bit shallow. This doesn't matter though.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Re: The use of OS X system audio

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 am

freisig wrote:
This is great when you use the Sonarworks Reference correction utility. This way you don't have to use it as a plugin but use it as the system audio Plugin which means that you don't have to think about having to put it on as a plugin.
I decided to try to see if this problem could be solved. Downloaded the demo. Unless I'm missing something vital this isn't even a problem. Look:

Why aren't you sending the audio to this output right now? And if you are, how is your request even needed? You don't need any other apps, like hijack.

Live. And let Live. That's all there is to it.
Make some music!