Freeze clips (rather than the entire track)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
phreedee

Re: Freeze clips (rather than the entire track)

Post by phreedee » Tue May 31, 2022 2:47 pm

The BiP M4L device is a nice workaround and should bet treated as a little bump in the right direction but such an essential function should be part of every modern DAW. Call it "bounce", "freeze" or "plagiarize in place " but after years of repeating the same idea please do the right thing and implement this in Live.....

...properly :D meaning it´s still missing a return channel "effect tail" option in the bounced file.

thanks

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:11 pm

Siika wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:37 am
I often freeze a track to render a single clip to audio. As my set grows larger, there are more and more midi clips on a given track. This prolongs my time to render significantly. So much so that I just create an audio track and resample. This is inconvenient. Please make a feature to render a single midi clip to audio. I think you could simply extend the freeze function to a single clip, apply the same colour scheme to denote that the clip is frozen, and there ya go.
I think a function like Bounce in Place or Bounce to Clip would be more suitable.

Freeze is more for saving CPU cycles, where Bounce in Place is more for doing Offline "permanent" audio edits.

Closest thing Ableton has is Freeze/Flatten but it works on whole clip.
Another option would be the Export audio command which does give you ability to define a selection but you need to determine where to save and reimport audio back into project.

An even other option is to use an External Audio editing program but this might not be practical in alot of cases.

op_01

Post by op_01 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:30 pm

+1