Session view "freeze" track (like in Excel)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
JanVoo

Session view "freeze" track (like in Excel)

Post by JanVoo » Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Is it possible to "freeze" a track column (similar to a spreadsheet)?

When I searched for an answer to this, I stumbled upon a similar question from 2005: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=192859. The question itself remains unanswered.

The story behind my question is that I have quite a lot of tracks in my session, but I'd like to keep vision of the very first track (all the time).
Unlike user Panoramica in the link, for me it's not nessecary that the first track also needs to stay on my LauncPad all the time.

Does anybody have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Stromkraft

Re: Session view "freeze" track (like in Excel)

Post by Stromkraft » Fri May 04, 2018 7:27 am

JanVoo wrote:Is it possible to "freeze" a track column (similar to a spreadsheet)?
Bad choice of words as "freeze a track" does mean something in Live. No, you can't do this to the best of my knowledge.
Make some music!

JanVoo

Post by JanVoo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Sorry for my late response.

I didn't know how to explain what I am looking for, the only relatable reference I could think of was Excel's row/column freeze function.

In Session view, the Master track and Return track(s) are always visible. I'd like to have the very first track also always visible.
But I guess this isn't possible?

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:55 pm

It's not possible if you have to scroll left and right to see all your tracks. It's not possible on any other DAW I've used before, either.

I might ask what about the first track is important enough to you that it needs to be visible at all times.